TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to be moving within the next month. And I seem to be search challenged today as no matter where I search I can't find instructions on what to do when we take our Tivo Bolt to a new city. Can someone help this old man out? I'll probably remain OTA at this point in time. TIA

·
OTA ONLY and Loving It!
1,736 Posts
Just re-run Guided setup to enter you new zip code.

After that is done, you will have to go through the tedious process of editing the channel list to select only the real channels that are available in your area - depending on where you are, that could be either a very short or long and painful process.

Once you have the channel list correct, you need to review your One-Passes to update any specific channels. Actually, I am not sure this last step is necessary; because, I have no idea if Guided Setup will wipe out your existing 1P list. But if they are not removed, most of them will probably be wrong unless you have them set them up to record from all channels.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Covid threw a wrench in our plans. We are only now getting ready to close sometime in mid Dec on the new house.

Is there a way to backup my OnePasses before I shut down the Bolt in case guided setup removes them?

And is there anything special for the Bolt in terms of shutting down in preparation for the move? The Bolt will be well packaged and in my possession the whole time and treated with white gloves during the 3 hour drive to the new home.

·
TiVo'd since 9/17/01
122 Posts
Thanks folks. Covid threw a wrench in our plans. We are only now getting ready to close sometime in mid Dec on the new house.

Is there a way to backup my OnePasses before I shut down the Bolt in case guided setup removes them?

And is there anything special for the Bolt in terms of shutting down in preparation for the move? The Bolt will be well packaged and in my possession the whole time and treated with white gloves during the 3 hour drive to the new home.
I've moved a few times with my Bolt (and other TiVos), and other than re-running Guided Setup there isn't anything else you should need to do. My OnePasses all stayed, but a few that didn't automatically get changed to the new network channels I had to manually change to the new station, but that is easy to do. Just go into modify options, it will show you the stations that have that show in your new area.

Having said that, it is always good to have a list of your OnePasses. I did screen shots from Tivo Online just in case, but didn't need them.

Reactions: aspexil
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.