TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving and will staying at a temporary location for about 6 weeks until my new house is ready. I know about DirecTv's moving service but would like to get the best deal I can. I'm currently month to month with no contract or obligation. I would like to get an HD tivo and HD service at my new home. I currently do not have HD. So a couple of questions.

1. Should I get a HD tivo unit now if DT gives me a good deal or wait until the new units come out with mpeg4?

2. If I get a HD tivo now what seems to be the best deals going?

3. I have a 3 LNB oval dish. I once read a thread here, probably in 2004, where someone with a 3 LNB dish moved and left the dish only to have DT install a 1 LNB dish and refuse to install a 3 LNB dish. Should I take my dish?

Any other suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
1. If you can receive local HD OTA in your location, I would buy the HD Tivo now. If not, wait.
2. I think the only deal available now is $599 - $200 from D*.
3. I would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Keep in mind that DTV allows 2 "moves" within a 12 month period. I was faced with a similar situation last month. I figured that I would cash-in on move #1 to an apartment (had a triple LNB installed with a tri-pod), maintain my HD for the near term, and cash-in on move #2 to a more permenant residence later in my 12 month period.

Plus, by that time, Sacramento will be up for the new equipment!

Of course, the mover's connection requires a 1 year commitment.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top