TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm not sure if the title is complete or not (it is kind of long). It's kind of a strange question, but,...

Can a program on the Mini be paused and then the program resumed to play on the Roamio OTA? In other words, can we start watching a show in the kitchen (Mini), pause it, and move into the living room (Roamio) to continue watching it from the point it was paused?

Probably a crazy question but thanks for humoring me! :D
Ed

· TDL shepherd
17,899 Posts
Can a program on the Mini be paused and then the program resumed to play on the Roamio OTA?
I'm pretty sure to do that, you'd have to 'release' the tuner by pressing the TiVo button...
Good point. I was thinking of the question strictly in terms of recorded programs, where the feature works. I'm not sure the same is possible, even with tricks, for pausing live TV in one location and picking it up at another.

· Just the facts ma'am
11,182 Posts
Just tested this
Recorded program - Yes.
Live TV - Nope, you'll land on lie tv rather than at the paused point.

Reactions: Intheswamp

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is sounding good. It's my wife wanting to be able to pause a program while she's in the kitchen and then resume watching in the living room. And, we're talking about recorded programs. :)

What would be the procedure for this? :)

· Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent!!! I haven't tried it, yet, but I think this will work out quiet nicely. It sounds *almost* as easy as falling off a slippery log. ;) I've explained it to my wife and will encourage her to try it out today. Thanks for the help, everybody. TCF has been, and is, a big help for newbs like me!!!! :clapping::clapping::up:

· Premium Member
5,401 Posts
And, we're talking about recorded programs. :)
Oh good. When I answered your question last night, it didn't even dawn on me that you might be referring to live TV. As others have already said, it's no problem at all with recordings. If you wanted to do it with live TV, I think you would have to turn it into a recording first. It's good practice to do this anyway, since it eliminates the possibility of the buffer being dumped if you pause it too long.

· Just the facts ma'am
11,182 Posts
Follow this procedure:

pause a program while she's in the kitchen and then resume watching in the living room.

-KP
It doesn't have to actually be paused, you just have to stop it from playing - tivo button, left arrow, live tv button are probably better choices because you'll eventually need to use one of them to get out of the paused recording if you just use the pause button. I know many people here tend to get all indignant about having to press two buttons if one will do.

Reactions: Intheswamp
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.