TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A repeated victim of Time Warner DBA Spectrum
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had several threads about recordings without sound in the past, and I've been one of the folks victimized by this bug. But recently, I've been able to narrow my issue down to this...My Roamio has ONE tuner...that has issues recording audio off ONE channel.

Sound ridiculous, or at least unlikely? Well, I thought so too, until I realized that only one channel was having occasional audio issues. The issue is with the local NBC station. For months, I've had NO audio on the main channel, and English audio on the SAP channel, where they would put Spanish language if they offered it. Then, a couple of weeks ago, ALL audio disappeared from my recordings.

I ran a test...let's set TWO tuners to record this one show (the local news) were I had problems. And sure enough...I have NEVER had an issue with the audio cutting out on both recordings, only one, and sometimes neither.

So...does this sound like an audio issue with one tuner, as I'm assuming? Thanks in advance to anyone who has any thoughts at all.

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well...82 views and no comments! For the record, I think we know what happened. There appears to be one (this) tuner, which was failing and has now failed completely. First, it had problems recording audio, not there is no audio or video and all channels show up as unauthorized. So I am assuming it has failed and will post elsewhere my next question about where to go with this box from here. Thanks to all that read the original message!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm seeing the same problem intermittently on one of my Roamios with recordings on KXAN (Austin's NBC affiliate). If it were a bad tuner, how would one go about proving that? Is there something specific about KXAN? It seems like I would see it on other channels/recordings if it were a tuner issue.

·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm convinced it's a combination of a failure in the TiVo and something that KXAN is doing with audio. For months now, I've recorded the 6:00 news on two different tuners. I check both recordings daily and about once every week or so, one will have no audio or (even more curious) when I go to the SAP channel where Spanish is supposed to be, there's the English audio! And I've never seen the failure on any other channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts