TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· DirecTV Addict
154 Posts
RainyCity4 said:
[....]
RECORDED SHOW: Captions show up late (after character says a word or two) and this doesn't consistently happen to all shows, just worse on FOX channel (House, Prison Break and Reunion) and so far, Firefly (first two were fine, but last few episodes has been showing this problem).
[....]

So, to the point, I'd like to know if anyone experienced this problem on a Series 2 DTIVO??? I'd like to verify that it is only me, instead of a software bug. D* said that if clear and delete everything doesn't work, then they will send me a replacement DVR...

I'd like to know if those who have Series 2 DTIVO have this same captioning problem or not. For those who have R10, do you see the same problem (captioning) on yours too?
I not only have that problem on my R10, but I had it on my Series 1 Standalone TiVo, which I had since 2000. So I don't think a new DVR would help.
It's very intermittent.

My hearing isn't that bad, so I just grin and bear it.

H

· DirecTV Addict
154 Posts
RainyCity4 said:
I had this nagging feeling that it MIGHT be a local problem (I guess West Coast because you live in L.A., I live in Seattle) instead of nation-wide problem because I can't seem to find anyone else who has same issues as I do (although, I don't notice the captioning issues too much lately except for House because that show use "close-up shots" frequently and that's when you really notice it).
Rainy:

I live in Oklahoma, and used to live in New Hampshire, and had the problem in both locations. Don't think it's local.

"Surface" has been particularly bad -- mainly accurate captioning that's delayed by several seconds.

H

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.