TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to use the HDMI. When I hook it up, the screen goes blank and says No Signal. It happens as soon as the cable is hooked into the back of the reciever. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
check format on front of unit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
safigan said:
When HDMI is plugged it, component video is turned off. Could this explain what you're seeing?
I really don’t see how to turn the Component Video off. Under the video setting, there are ways to change the format, ratio and size, but I don’t see where to turn off a certain video. Now, I have the components hooked up and as soon as I plug the HDMI into the back of the receiver, the TV loses signal.

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,083 Posts
Need more info.

How old is the HR10, early releases had HDMI problems.

What brand/model of TV, some won't accept 480i/p over HDMI.

edit to address your post while I was posting:

HR10 doesn't allow both HDMI and Component output at the same time, disconnect the component before hooking up the HDMI, and make sure your TV is looking at the HDMI input.

phox

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phox_mulder said:
Need more info.

phox
The HR10-250 was the first unit with DirecTv and HD. It came out at $999 and when it dropped to $499, I got it. I’d say it is around (4) years old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen some folks on this site mentioning networking. I have a question; is the HR10-250’s USB port finally able to do something?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phox_mulder said:
Need more info.

edit to address your post while I was posting:

HR10 doesn't allow both HDMI and Component output at the same time, disconnect the component before hooking up the HDMI, and make sure your TV is looking at the HDMI input.

phox
Did that and still nothing. Never used the HDMI, but as sure as I need it, wouldn’t ya know it does not work. :mad:

·
Registered
182 Posts
hmm... have you tried checking inputs? disc/reconnect comp?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dthreet said:
hmm... have you tried checking inputs? disc/reconnect comp?
The whole shebang. I have restarted, reconnected, isolated until I am ready to chunk it. To compare it to a computer, it seems the driver is not functioning correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts