TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, in the first half of the episode I was not happy with it at all. I just found Cora extremely annoying. The only redeeming quality was to see someone force Monk to get over it instead of mollycoddling him.

The second half had some great lines.

Monk refering to the fertilizer sales shop: "this is worse than drug trafficing. You've got to nail this guy."

monk in the car with the bee!!
then monk covered in bees in the beekeeper suit.

what's my name?
adrian
no really, what's my name

· I am Spartacus!
48,548 Posts
Watching it this afternoon I was chuckling at how he looked at the note from the waitress and right away started going into to 'dectective' mode. Noticing that it was written by a leftie and noticing about the parrot and the rug was gone. I am glad the sheriff listened to him and even offered him a job. He's a natural! Yep. Thats our Monk!

· With an "L"
4,129 Posts
seems like they had something else to add to the final scene between monk and Cora, but time constraints forced them to cut it. There should've been more too the goodbye scene.

· Premium Member
19,746 Posts
I don't think the first half stunk, other than being a little slow to get started. All of the clues were set up in the first half. The waitress singing, the rage driven boyfriend (though we didn't know the relationship at the time), etc. And Monk being Monk even though he didn't remember anything... not even Sierra Springs water. LOVED how the kiss brought back memories of Trudy, triggering his first memory.

He even almost got used to a different set of clothes by the end. :) This series is great at taking Monk in small incremental steps to being healthier, without totally trashing the reasons that make him fun to watch.

· Seasoned gas passer
12,194 Posts
I agree with most assessments...the true test of a show is how quickly the "hour" (42 minutes) goes by...and this one flew. Good Monk!

· Registered
12,706 Posts
Awww...the waitress was super cute. Hated to see her get offed. :(

Man, Roseanne's sister has aged. I'm sure part of that was intentional makeup/wardrobe choices, but it really is indicative of the time that's passed.

Was the killer Shalhoub's son? I saw a male Shalhoub in the credits and could only figure it was him (especially since the Sherrif is accounted for as Charles Napier). Or maybe he was the barbershop owner.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.