TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh! I just got my Tivo Bolt set up to use MOCA, and it was working fine. Now, it says there are port issues and it can't get a DHCP connection. I don't even know where to start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Linksys Velop, TiVo bridge. Cable split to bridge and modem (spectrum), ethernet from bridge and modem to Linksys Velop. TiVo in another room connected to coaxial. I think. :) I'm not there right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, Bolt in another room. I've tried two things. One was cable into Tuning adapter and out of adapter into Bolt. Another was cable directly into Bolt (without adapter). I think I read something about needing to hook up tuning adapter in a "parallel" configuration, but didn't think I needed to since I had it working at first.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At this point, I'd recommend getting the BOLT & TA properly connected, and then doing a full power reset of your gear, ensuring your TiVo, MoCA adapter, modem, router are all powered down for a few minutes. Bring the modem and router back up first, followed by the MoCA adapter and then the BOLT.

A full power reset has been seen to resolve puzzling MoCA issues in the past.
Thank you! I was thinking the same thing. Just a complete reset. I'll keep you posted. Appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey there! Sorry for the delay. Did what you suggested and rebooted everything. Is working again. It appears that the TiVo needs a reboot every time something the Ethernet connection from the TiVo bridge changes in some way (gets unplugged, etc.) Thanks for your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.