TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I tell what the other tuners are watching? I want to be able to swap and keep two shows "recording" or at lease saving 30 minutes. I can only do that if the main TiVo is set to one of the channels I want to swap. I'm used to a 2-tuner TiVo on each tv and I just switched to one TiVo and 2 minis. Still trying to learn the tricks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand it "doesn't need" a tuner. You can watch from a recording. My question is, "how can I watch two shows at the same time on a mini and keep the 30 minute buffer going on both?"

I like to watch a show until I see a commercial and then switch tuners and then go back to tuner #1. I think many people use TiVo this way. It worked great on my series 2 and my TiVo HD. I can't do it on a mini. At least I cant figure out how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange thing is it sometimes works with the Enter/Last button. Two programs are both buffering 30 mins. It doesn't always work. My guess is that I got lucky and one (or maybe both?) of these channels is being "watched" on the main TiVo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've only had a Roamio and my minis for three days and I already have a few simple ideas that would make the user experience so much better. My question is this, "why can't the TiVo folks discover these as well? Don't they have testers or engineers? A few simple changes. It really makes me wonder if they care or,have a clue."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.