TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
Any experience with Mini and Netgear AC1200? or any other Netgear Bridge capable devices?
I use Linksys WUMC710 and RE6500, Netgear 2001 and TiVo wireless N adapter. Having a good router is important. I use a Netgear R8000. One wired Roamio and one uses a Netgear EX7000. Four Mini units. It's 99.9% reliable.

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 R7000's but no ethernet where I placed the new mini. Getting tired of the 50' ethernet cable trip hazard. I really want to snake a new ethernet cable but looking at future flexibility over Wi-Fi-bridge. Desire is small, compact and single ethernet port....

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I have 2 R7000's but no ethernet where I placed the new mini. Getting tired of the 50' ethernet cable trip hazard. I really want to snake a new ethernet cable but looking at future flexibility over Wi-Fi-bridge. Desire is small, compact and single ethernet port....
Each environment is different. My wireless N adapter is next door. My RE6500 is in the kitchen. The router is in a front room with no wireless devices. On the floor above it the watching space with a computer, Premiere, Roamio, AVR and Blu-ray all sharing the EX7000. I would start with a used wireless N. My favorite is the RE6500 since the Mini is on the bottom, a fan on top, and the RE6500 on top of the fan. Since it's a v2 Mini, it is hidden behind the TV.

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks JoeK.

Anyone with experience with NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6150-100NAS)? Reviews on Amazon says it works. Looking for small profile unit like this unit or wall mountable.

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bought and then returned unopened and untried EX6150-100NAS. Spent the morning running a dedicated Cat 6 cable from hub in another room. It was a challenge and the attic was hot!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.