TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bolt and two Mini Vox's, all about six months old. A couple of days ago, my bedroom mini all of a sudden stopped showing the suggested programs bar across the bottom of the Home page, replaced by a big spinning blue circle, and when I press "What to watch," it says "what to watch not currently available." The network is working fine because I get good tv connection with the bolt, access recorded shows easily, access Netflix/Prime easily, do network updates etc easily. My TV, on the same network switch, also gets perfect connectivity. My Bolt and other mini work perfectly.

I've tried:
-restarting the mini.
-power cycling the mini.
-restarting and power cycling the Bolt
-power cycling the router
-force updating both the mini and the Bolt.
-calling support, technician was clueless and took me through the same steps. Said he'd escalate and they'd call me back - ya, right.

I was looking for a way to completely revert the mini to factory (not sure if the reset option does it completely), like the old pinhole button on old devices. Don't see that option. Before I go more drastic like that, any more ideas? BTW, I saw somewhere online that a software update was shot out on 9/18, possibly about when this started. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks,
Russ

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After spending an hour on the phone with support, they determined it was a problem with the box. I had it six months, out of warranty, they replaced it for $19.I think it was probably messed up by a recent software update.

· in the other Alabama
20,956 Posts
You can get close to a complete reset with a Clear & Delete Everything. It part of the Reset to Defaults menu.

I get that BSC when I take my Mini VOX out of Standby with the TiVo key. If I use the Live TV button it shows the Suggestion Bar after the channels displays and then I hit the TiVo button.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts