TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, please help! All of a sudden Moca has stopped working on my Tivo Mini Vox. It has always worked since I purchased 18 months but now I get the my box is not connected to the internet error. I have 2 other original mini’s that are working perfectly. I have tried rebooting the modem and the router and the host DVR which is a Edge. When I hook up the VOX to Ethernet it works. Tivo chat was totally useless. They told me I need to change my signal amplifier (which was installed by my cable company and is a 52-1002MHz) and he said I need to switch that to a 2500Mhz amplifier. Why would my others still be working then? This is really frustrating. I’d appreciate any help anyone can offer….thanks!

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
One option is a full power reset, rather than cycling individual boxes.
To do a full power reset, power down all your gear (modem, router, network switches, MoCA adapters, TiVo devices), and leave it all off for a minute or three; and then power the devices back on, in the order above, allowing each device to come online before proceeding to the next.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem and would also get messages that my network was too slow. It seemed to start after updating to the latest TIVO operating system. I tried replacing the spilters in my MOCA network with higher frequency ones which had no effect. I have FIOS, but within the house is all MOCA. Although it seemed I shoudln't need this, given that FIOS is FTTH, I then tried this filter:

before all of the TIVO boxes on my MOCA network (2 TIVOs and 5 Minis), but after my modem. Once in great while, I still get the problem, but it is solved by either restarting the mini or powering down the mini and restarting the main TIVO box, then the Mini. Given that the network didn't seem to have this problem before the latest TIVO OS and the filter seems to mostly solve the problem, I tend to think it is something in TIVO update software as I usually encounter the problem in the morning. Good luck, I hope this helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you’re passing MoCA between the output ports of the amplifier, yes, you should uograde to a “designed for MoCA” model, such as the MVRA model. (5 output or 9 output, depending on need)
If you’re passing MoCA between the output ports of the amplifier, yes, you should uograde to a “designed for MoCA” model, such as the MVRA model. (5 output or 9 output, depending on need)
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean when you say “passing MOCA between the output ports”? I just don’t get why this has become an issue all of a sudden it worked fine previously

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean when you say “passing MOCA between the output ports”?
Where are your MoCA signals flowing on your coax?

I just don’t get why this has become an issue all of a sudden it worked fine previously
It’s not working now, right? So you may or may not want to take measures to get your coax plant more in line with MoCA best practices.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I just received my new amplifier (Antronix MVRA902B/ACP-EZ). I swear when I ordered it I thought it was a 1125-1675 MHz amplifier. But when I opened the package it shows it as a 54-1002 MHz amplifier. I’m so confused. Did I buy the wrong amplifier? Thanks in advance for your time and help as always.

·
TDL shepherd
17,538 Posts
So I just received my new amplifier (Antronix MVRA902B/ACP-EZ). I swear when I ordered it I thought it was a 1125-1675 MHz amplifier. But when I opened the package it shows it as a 54-1002 MHz amplifier. I’m so confused. Did I buy the wrong amplifier? Thanks in advance for your time and help as always.
No, that’s expected. All cable amplifiers only amplify the signals within the cable signal frequency range (typically through 1002 MHz); the benefit of a “designed for MoCA” amplifier is not amplification of MoCA signals but that the amp is designed to allow MoCA signals to flow between all output ports, amplified and passive, with specified (i.e. predictable) losses.

Oh, also… a “designed for MoCA” amplifier will also have a built-in “PoE” MoCA filter, blocking MoCA traffic from flowing between the output ports and input port, and eliminating the need for a separate standalone “PoE” MoCA filter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts