TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2/5 Update: I just realized that there is a typo in the discussion title. I accidentally typed a #1 instead of an !. It should read: Mini Freezes when directly typing in Channel Number!

A few months ago both of my mini's started freezing when I tried to change the channel by typing the channel number directly into the remote. I can change the channel without an issue if I use the guide but if I type the number directly in without using the guide then I get the spinning "wait" circle.

I have to pull the power plug and reboot the minis to get it to work again but it doesn't fix the issue.

Any one know how to fix this? It had been working fine and then this issues started on both of my minis! It'd driving my wife nuts which mean I of course hear about it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could not duplicate. However, Channel 1 is my VOD channel and I just receive a V53 error since my cable system doesn't support VOD on a TiVo.
I just noticed that the post title is wrong and I can't figure out how to change it. I apologize for the typo. I meant to put in an exclamation mark not a 1. For me the Spinning Wait Circle happens if I type ANY channel number into the remote not just channel 1.

For me our HD channels are in the 500-700 range so if I type in 6,2,0 (that's a discovery channel that we get in my area) I get the spinning circle.

If I try changing the channel by just typing in a channel number, the spinning ring comes up, it doesn't respond to any other key presses and I have to unplug it to reboot the mini.

This happens on both of my minis, the older version of the tivo that doesn't have the RF remote and the version with the RF remote.

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
I just noticed that the post title is wrong and I can't figure out how to change it. I apologize for the typo. I meant to put in an exclamation mark not a 1. For me the Spinning Wait Circle happens if I type ANY channel number into the remote not just channel 1.
For me our HD channels are in the 500-700 range so if I type in 6,2,0 (that's a discovery channel that we get in my area) I get the spinning circle.
If I try changing the channel by just typing in a channel number, the spinning ring comes up, it doesn't respond to any other key presses and I have to unplug it to reboot the mini.
This happens on both of my minis, the older version of the tivo that doesn't have the RF remote and the version with the RF remote.
That's bad. I still can't duplicate the lockup. I can get a BSC if my Mini's host is in Standby. Also, when the channel I want is already on a tuner, there is less lag when tuning changing to that channel. As for the Mini, does the banner display and the BSC happen while waiting for the audio then video? I still am stumped by why entering the number directly is different than channel up/down or using the guide. I was testing with the v2 Mini (RF remote) and a Roamio host.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It does it for me consistently. I can change via the guide but try to directly enter the channel and I get the spinning circle that goes until I unplug the unit. I took a 1 min video showing what happens.

· in the other Alabama
20,962 Posts
It does it for me consistently. I can change via the guide but try to directly enter the channel and I get the spinning circle that goes until I unplug the unit. I took a 1 min video showing what happens.
That's pretty convincing. You do get the channel banner but when it should start showing video the banner does go away. I have no clue what could be causing the Mini to die like that.

We do have one difference. I use the grid guide. I need to change my host and check again.

Sorry, no change. I'm stumped.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.