TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The first question is: do you have MoCa enabled in your coax line, where Mini is located? If yes, does the Mini connect to internet (see if it does under "networking" menus)?

Roamio Plus comes with a built in MoCa adapter, so it should create a MoCA network. Make sure you have it enabled by choosing "create MoCA network" on Roamio Plus.

Explaining here how your Roamio Plus and Mini are connected would help in people guiding you through the process, possibly with a diagram. Also, you don't say who your provider is.

Below is a link on TiVo support page on MoCA:

https://www.tivo.com/support/how-to/what-moca

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I did turn on the MoCA on the Roamio Plus.
The mini did connect to the internet using MoCA and download the info from TiVo.
When the mini tried to connect to the Roamio I received the V78 could not find host dvr error.
Note: The mini used to connect to the Roamio by MoCA several months ago. I was gone for a long period of time and unplugged the mini from from the AC. When I returned and tried to repower the mini is when all of the troubles ensued.

My provider is Comcast.

Thanks,
That error code does not ring a bell for me. I am not familiar with it, neither I have heard of it before.

Now that the Mini connected via Ethernet, I would recommend trying MoCA connection again. Once you plug in to MoCA, do a network test (under Network Menu), and see if Mini connects to internet OK.

If you post a diagram of connections, people here (most likely the networking Pros, Krkaufman and fcfc2) can troubleshoot.

MoCA can sometimes be a b**ch. many factors to cause to not work, such as splitters, cables, etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
... and please do not disappear. People come over here for help, and then we never hear back from them, for good or for bad. It sounds like they either find the solution and never bother to update and thank the kind people (like krkaufman) who helped them, or they give up entirely on the project, and again don't bother to say so in their own thread. It happens so many time.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Well, I'll be disappearing for a while. Gotta take Mom out to dinner, then help her get a new TV.

Fingers crossed for positive test results. (i.e. any results that make sense)
Enjoy your time with your mom.

I was not talking about disappearing for today - rather disappearing forever.

What TV do you have in mind?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.