TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying many many times I was not successful to get my Mini to find my Roamio Plus using Moca. I connected the Mini to my router via power line and boom, it saw the Roamio on the first try.

Where can I look to see why my Moca is not working?

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did turn on the MoCA on the Roamio Plus.
The mini did connect to the internet using MoCA and download the info from TiVo.
When the mini tried to connect to the Roamio I received the V78 could not find host dvr error.
Note: The mini used to connect to the Roamio by MoCA several months ago. I was gone for a long period of time and unplugged the mini from from the AC. When I returned and tried to repower the mini is when all of the troubles ensued.

My provider is Comcast.

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not 100% sure of the code number now as the mini connected with ethernet.

Modem is an Arris/Motorola SDBG 6580 and router is Buffalo Airstation N600 running dd-wrt.

I do not have any other devices on the MoCA network.

I have done a factory reset not once, but several times. Spent over an hour with TiVo support with not luck.

Would love to do a diagram, what is the easiest software to use?

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here is a diagram of my network. Please note I do have the coax connected to the Mini, but I DO NOT have MoCA enabled on the Roamio.

Only 1 long run on the whole network; from the router to the switch is approximately 25 ft. All other connections are 6 ft or less.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Motorola cable box is very old and does not have a DVR or even HDMI, only uses component video so I would guess that it can not create a MoCA network.

I have not looked at the wiring in the main box outside my apartment, but I will later today.

The really strange thing is that the MoCA network was working up until I left the Mini unplugged for several weeks and nothing on the coax side of the network has changed.

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I understand all you are saying. I will check all of the suggestions you have mentioned. I did notice when the Mini connected through MoCA it did have a strange IP address.

I have a MS in computer science, but not a lot of experience with MoCA. I am learning and I thank you for all of your suggestions and info.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
It is as you suggested, the mini is connecting to the internet and TiVo through another MoCA network. It got a strange ip address, but because everyone in my complex uses Comcast, the DNS was correct.

Is there anyway I can force the Mini to connect to my network? If not, will attaching a POE filter at the box solve my problem?

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Here are photos of the mini when connected to the strange MoCA network.

If I read your post correctly, you think I might force the mini to connect to my MoCA by designating a specific channel on both the Roamio and the mini. Otherwise the only way to solve the problem is to install a POE filter at the incoming location and possibly a MoCA compliant spliter.

I have looked at the Arris closely and I do not see anything that suggests it can create it's own MoCA network.

When the mini is connected to the strange MoCA network, there is no client with the mini's MAC address showing in my router's DHCP table.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Trying to set a separate channel and encryption along with a static ip, subnet and DNS did not work. It stopped me from connecting to the foreign MoCA, but the Mini would not connect to my Roamio.

I have contacted Comcast and they are rolling a truck to install the POE filters on Tuesday.

Once again, thank you for all of your information and suggestions.

Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Comcast truck roll could not have gone any better. Technician was on time, courteous and very knowledgeable. He know exactly what I was talking about with the MoCA network.

He isolated my connections in the box, installed the POE filers and MoCA compliant splitters. Before he left, he had me test the network and boom, my Mini now sees my Roamio.

I know Comcast has gotten a bad rap in the past, but today I have nothing but high praises for a company trying hard to provide great customer service.

Once again, thanks for all the help from the forum members.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.