TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've given up. I haven't once been contacted by the company after putting in numerous calls. My problem is been happening probably for almost a year now. Yeah the company still has the audacity to keep sending me emails to buy their products. As I had stated previously I think the company's on the way out and not interested in solving problems.
I got a call back from TiVo Support within 3 hours of contacting:

EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Executive Relations Team
Jon E. Kirchner
CEO
Executive Customer Support - Xperi

Unfortunately I was unable to take an hour to go through the troubleshooting today but rescheduled it for Wednesday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I got a call back from TiVo Support within 3 hours of contacting:

EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Executive Relations Team
Jon E. Kirchner
CEO
Executive Customer Support - Xperi

Unfortunately I was unable to take an hour to go through the troubleshooting today but rescheduled it for Wednesday.
If you find a resolution after troubleshooting please post and let us know. You've had better luck than i. Whenever I call they just apologize we're so very sorry we will get back to you and then I never hear a thing. I've called tech support at least four times and it was the same old song and dance.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If you find a resolution after troubleshooting please post and let us know. You've had better luck than i. Whenever I call they just apologize we're so very sorry we will get back to you and then I never hear a thing. I've called tech support at least four times and it was the same old song and dance.
Same for me except they always have me go through the same old troubleshooting steps when it's obviously something wrong on their side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Went through troubleshooting steps with the head honcho and she informed me that she will forward my screenshots and information onto the team and they are aware of this and they are working on it but there is no timeline for the solution. So my suggestion would be just to hold on and wait and hopefully they come up with something as it seems going through all the troubleshooting steps with them on the phone does not do anything at this time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
UPDATE:

I completed the following troubleshooting steps provided by Merry at TiVo Support which INiTIALLY eliminated the middlemindError when I streamed a show to my 2021 iPad Pro on Verizon 5G while away from my home network... but middlemindError REOCCURRED when tried to reconnect a few minutes later on my 2021 iPhone 13 Pro Max on Verizon 5G while away from my home network. Subsequently, middlemindError REOCCURRED once again when tried to reconnect to my 2021 iPad Pro on Verizon 5G that had just worked a few minutes before.

Here's TiVo's troubleshooting steps:
  1. Sign out on the TiVo app
  2. Unplug the power cable of the TiVo box and restart the Router and Modem
  3. Plug back in the power cable of the TiVo device and force a Service Connection: Menu > Settings > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection
  4. Enable Network Remote Control: Menu > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control> select Allowed
  5. On the App go to the Settings > Start Setup > Select the TSN > Setup-in-home Streaming > Check the Agreement.
  6. Once the App is successfully setup, go back to the Start Setup > then put check mark under "Out of Home Streaming".
If you're having this middlemindError took please:
Merry promised this would be escalated to their Technical Support Team... but the more TiVo users who report themiddlemindError reoccurring AFTER following the above steps the higher probability this frustrating middlemindError will FINALLY get fixed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE:

I completed the following troubleshooting steps provided by Merry at TiVo Support which INiTIALLY eliminated the middlemindError when I streamed a show to my 2021 iPad Pro on Verizon 5G while away from my home network... but middlemindError REOCCURRED when tried to reconnect a few minutes later on my 2021 iPhone 13 Pro Max on Verizon 5G while away from my home network. Subsequently, middlemindError REOCCURRED once again when tried to reconnect to my 2021 iPad Pro on Verizon 5G that had just worked a few minutes before.

Here's TiVo's troubleshooting steps:
  1. Sign out on the TiVo app
  2. Unplug the power cable of the TiVo box and restart the Router and Modem
  3. Plug back in the power cable of the TiVo device and force a Service Connection: Menu > Settings > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection
  4. Enable Network Remote Control: Menu > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control> select Allowed
  5. On the App go to the Settings > Start Setup > Select the TSN > Setup-in-home Streaming > Check the Agreement.
  6. Once the App is successfully setup, go back to the Start Setup > then put check mark under "Out of Home Streaming".
If you're having this middlemindError took please:
Merry promised this would be escalated to their Technical Support Team... but the more TiVo users who report themiddlemindError reoccurring AFTER following the above steps the higher probability this frustrating middlemindError will FINALLY get fixed.

Thanks!
I have been dealing with this for a year and believe I'm an expert :) yes things will sporadically work until they don't and after they don't you can't fix it until you go home and restart your box. I've been through the same steps just got off the call with them yesterday and they're aware of it and they are nothing that can be done until they fix it on their end so I'm going to wait patiently and hopefully they'll get this figured out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did the "contact the executive office" thing. Now I get weekly calls from the TiVo Executive Support Team. 3 weeks ago they called and told me there was a fix coded for the Middlemind error, but no information on when the fix would be pushed out. Then this week they left me a voice mail that they were still working on it. The nice Indian Person agrees that 10+ months to fix a Sofware error that they caused is a bit excessive, bit still no resolution. Seems TiVo Corp is operating in self-destruct mode!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the "contact the executive office" thing. Now I get weekly calls from the TiVo Executive Support Team. 3 weeks ago they called and told me there was a fix coded for the Middlemind error, but no information on when the fix would be pushed out. Then this week they left me a voice mail that they were still working on it. The nice Indian Person agrees that 10+ months to fix a Sofware error that they caused is a bit excessive, bit still no resolution. Seems TiVo Corp is operating in self-destruct mode!
Yes they are calling me weekly and giving me updates as well she said they will be sending an update out but was unsure of when that would be. Hopefully this will fix the issue

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I have been complaining about the iphone / ipad mindminderror for many months. About 10% of the time and quite randomly I can see "my shows" including recordings or "To do list" . The other 90% is middlemind error
I rarely have an issue INSIDE my house, only outside.

I also routinely hard reboot my edge daily or I will get blue circles

I can't believe this is not fixed yet !

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have been complaining about the iphone / ipad mindminderror for many months. About 10% of the time and quite randomly I can see "my shows" including recordings or "To do list" . The other 90% is middlemind error
I rarely have an issue INSIDE my house, only outside.

I also routinely hard reboot my edge daily or I will get blue circles

I can't believe this is not fixed yet !
Exactly what I have had since October 2021! This is unbelievable. And they keep sending sale offers on the Edge. I am so done with this company, that I used to love...

·
Registered
659 Posts
I've used tivos since 2002 exclusively but no way will I buy another with the poor support and cable card phase out
I only started in 2010 but the earlier TiVos were great. The latest though (the Edge) has been pretty bad as far as bugs that don't ever get fixed so it will be my last TiVo, unfortunetely. They were great devices at one time but it seems that is going away.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Potentially great Middlemind error news !!!

I contacted TiVo's Executive Office several months ago and have been receiving weekly calls from the TiVo Executive Support Team. Yesterday, they called again and told me the Middlemind error FIX is being pushed out in a TiVo software update August 15th ( Monday ). She asked me to make sure I deleted and reinstalled my TiVo iOS apps on my iPhone and iPad and try to connect to my TiVo Edge OTA from outside our home network to verify this long awaited Middlemind error fix actually worked. She will be calling me on Friday, August 19th to confirm it worked... or not.

I'll report my results here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I submitted a regular ticket several months ago and have been waiting for middlemind to be fixed. I got very excited with tivoknucklead's post. I connected to get an update on my Edge. Then unplugged and reset the box. Then deleted and reinstalled the iPad and no love! Dang it. Will try the process again tomorrow.

Thanks for the update. Maybe the fix will be rolled out over time.

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
  1. Updated TiVo Edge software
  2. Rebooted TiVo Edge
  3. Uninstalled TiVo Android app
  4. Reinstalled TiVo Android app
  5. Opened the "My Show" menu in the app
  6. Experienced the fully expected failure of this functionality continuing to manifest itself
Did your Edge actually get an update or do you mean you just ran a Network Connect to CHECK for an update?

There’s no indication an update has been released.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts