TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question may have already been asked, so if it was, I am sorry for the spam.

I have spent about 6 hours on this now and I am getting a little angry at that little TiVo. Here is the situation.

I have a TiVo (Series 1 Phillips, HDR218).
I have a backup image of the original drive.
I have two new drives.

In my computer I can hook up the CD-ROM and boot drive on one IDE channel and on the other IDE channel I can hook up the two new drives. My problem is, in MFS tools I cannot get the program to take the backup file off of the boot drive and put it onto one of the other drives.

Can anyone suggest any tips or a site that will give me the answer. I have read a lot of sites out there and I apparently don't understand, so be gentle :)

I am really computer savy, so you don't have to dumb down the language, I am however tivo unsavy :)

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My issue is when I do the mfsrestore, I don't know how to add the backup file to that command. The file is on a CD and it is on a hard drive. I was trying to get the file from the hard drive since I am using the mfstools bootable CD-Rom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a bunch. I think this might work!!!

I have a couple of questions:
  1. HOw do I do this process if I have two disks? Do I just put the same image on each disk?
  2. Do I need to have the drive formatted to a specific file system before I restore it, or does the mfsrestore format the drive for me?

Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what I did was this:

Code:
mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt/c
mfsrestore -s 127 -r 4 -zxpi /mnt/c/hdr.mfs /dev/hda
mfsadd -r 4 -x /dev/hda /dev/hdb
Is that correct? I will test it at home tonight :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.