TiVo Community Forum banner
921 - 940 of 941 Posts

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #922 ·
Ver. 4.05 released, download link in first post.
Ver. 4.05 (29 July 2022)
Fixed: Incorrect TV Ratings from theTVDB

Ver. 4 of theTVDB API had a change for TV Rating that wasn't handled in the code.
The TMDb TV Rating is already correctly implemented.

Thanks for your detective work exposing this @latenitetech !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just out of curiosity what happens if you use tmdB instead of theTVDB?
Good question! It appears the problem only occurs with 'theTVDB'. Using tmDB it returns "normal" rating strings. I typically use 'theTVDB' as it's the default, and for some reason some shows don't seem to be in the tmDB (for example the latest "Streaming Wars" South Park specials). I'll switch to using tmDB as my default for now, and use 'theTVDB' only as needed. But hopefully you'll find something amiss and an easy fix. Thx for looking into this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ver. 4.05 released, download link in first post.
Ver. 4.05 (29 July 2022)
Fixed: Incorrect TV Ratings from theTVDB

Ver. 4 of theTVDB API had a change for TV Rating that wasn't handled in the code.
The TMDb TV Rating is already correctly implemented.

Thanks for your detective work exposing this @latenitetech !
Hooray!! That was an incredibly quick turnaround. Thank you so much for the quick fix and for providing this amazing tool!

·
leswar
244 Posts
Domain token fetching broken for me in upgrade.

I replaced the 404T1 program (which had been working just fine) with 405.
When I run the fetch domain token this error dialog box appears and the current

domain token disappears and --Fetching -- now appears in its place even after

restarting the program. I must then manually paste the current dt over the "-

fetching" dialog.

I tried downgrading to 404 but the above error box still appears.

What is my solution if any?. Thanks...

Attachments

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #929 · (Edited)
Domain token fetching broken for me in upgrade.
I'm not seeing this problem. As a test I downloaded the distro zip from the 1drive link in the first post.

The debug message indicates a TLS security error for the connection to TiVo. Are you running Win 7? If so see post #892 as you probably need to enable TLS 1.2.

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #930 · (Edited)
Good question! It appears the problem only occurs with 'theTVDB'. Using tmDB it returns "normal" rating strings. I typically use 'theTVDB' as it's the default, and for some reason some shows don't seem to be in the tmDB (for example the latest "Streaming Wars" South Park specials). I'll switch to using tmDB as my default for now, and use 'theTVDB' only as needed. But hopefully you'll find something amiss and an easy fix. Thx for looking into this.
If you search "South Park" in MG3 on a MOVIE tab, you get two Streaming Wars hits (which are from TMDb). Looks like these are not considered series.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you search "South Park" in MG3 on a MOVIE tab, you get two Streaming Wars hits (which are from TMDb). Looks like these are not considered series.
Got it, thanks, make sense. Is there any particular advantage of using one database over the other? I think I have been using 'theTVDB' only because it was my default and seemed to have everything I was looking for, but perhaps TMDB has better or more complete info?

·
leswar
244 Posts
I'm not seeing this problem. As a test I downloaded the distro zip from the 1drive link in the first post.

The debug message indicates a TLS security error for the connection to TiVo. Are you running Win 7? If so see post #892 as you probably need to enable TLS 1.2.
Yes to Windows 7 and post 892 fixed it. Running 405 now. All is well. Thank you.

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #934 ·
Thanks for the updates.

Anybody having trouble downloading from the onedrive? I get "something went wrong" then it takes me to my personal onedrive.
I updated the 1Drive link in the first post, although I couldn't find anything wrong with the previous one. Since this accesses my 1Drive, maybe the link can work, but only for me -- i.e.,if I haven't figured out how to share it with others?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I updated the 1Drive link in the first post, although I couldn't find anything wrong with the previous one. Since this accesses my 1Drive, maybe the link can work, but only for me -- i.e.,if I haven't figured out how to share it with others?
Still doing the same thing for me, maybe 1drive made a change or something? But it seems I'm the only one having the problem. It's small enough, can you email it to me? soapm777 at yahoo dot com

·
Cranky old novice
9,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #936 · (Edited)
Still doing the same thing for me, maybe 1drive made a change or something? But it seems I'm the only one having the problem. It's small enough, can you email it to me? soapm777 at yahoo dot com
I can email it to you but first let’s check out one possible issue. Are you running Win7? If so you may need to enable TLS 1.2 as described in post #892. (TLS 1.2 is needed to directly fetch domain tokens needed for programId searches anyway.)

Let's see if Google Drive works. Here is the link

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Google drive worked fine and no I"m not using Win7. I'm on Win10.

Like I said, I've never had to do this but 1Drive made me log in to receive the file but then it went to my drive. The funny part is my computer stays logged into onedrive so I hope it wasn't some phishing scam or something???

Thanks, works as advertised.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Got it, thanks, make sense. Is there any particular advantage of using one database over the other? I think I have been using 'theTVDB' only because it was my default and seemed to have everything I was looking for, but perhaps TMDB has better or more complete info?
I believe TVDB is older. It's also more complete, at least for documentaries and specials, although that difference seems to be diminishing. If your interests are popular shows, you'll find them comparable.

The only major difference I find is TMDB allows/encourages much better (640x360 vs. up to 3840x2160) cover art for episodes.

TMDB considers any show that doesn't have multiple episodes to be a "movie". This includes movies (of course) and one-off specials (documentaries, comedy specials, etc.).

I'm not sure why the South Park episode you mentioned were classified as "movies".

921 - 940 of 941 Posts