TiVo Community Forum banner
861 - 876 of 876 Posts

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
I have no idea how these tokens work. I’ve suspected that two different tokens obtained via Edge at different times were valid simultaneously. They may have different expiration dates though.

I assume the tokens are specific to your TiVo credentials however. i.e., I couldn’t use one of your tokens.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
@Soapm
You must have used theTVDB when searching for MASH. It returns "M.A.S.H" as the series title and the seriesID search will fail with that.
If you search using TMDb it returns titile "M*A*S*H" and the seriesID search succeeds with that title. There is a title override entry slot on the RPC Setup screen where you can enter different title versions to try.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Right you are, that worked...

In fact, it worked too well because I get two series id's...

SH0000020792
SH0434924724
I got three. That isn't unusual and you just have to deal with it.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
"there was an error renaming/moving the output file
I believe this is triggered by inappropriate Merge Settings. Open Settings (the Gear icon), then click the "Merge" button.
Make sure nothing is set to PREFER_TIVO or TIVO_ONLY. You can also suppress some such messages by selecting "None" at the bottom of that window.

The merge process involves selecting metatata from either a pre-existing pyTiVo style text metadata file (found next to the input video file and named video_name.ext.txt) or the metadata found by searching theTVDB or TMDb. It's complaining because the pyTiVo .txt file isn't there. I believe the program as distributed defaults to NOT looking for these files, so I'm guessing you changed merge settings at some point.

Note that if you click the "Outputs" button on the Settings Tab, you can select to never generate Text Metadata Files, which is what you should do if you do not use the pyTiVo style .txt files.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe this is triggered by inappropriate Merge Settings. Open Settings (the Gear icon), then click the "Merge" button.
Make sure nothing is set to PREFER_TIVO or TIVO_ONLY. You can also suppress some such messages by selecting "None" at the bottom of that window.

The merge process involves selecting metatata from either a pre-existing pyTiVo style text metadata file (found next to the input video file and named video_name.ext.txt) or the metadata found by searching theTVDB or TMDb. It's complaining because the pyTiVo .txt file isn't there. I believe the program as distributed defaults to NOT looking for these files, so I'm guessing you changed merge settings at some point.

Note that if you click the "Outputs" button on the Settings Tab, you can select to never generate Text Metadata Files, which is what you should do if you do not use the pyTiVo style .txt files.

This worked, thank you!

·
Mostly harmless
355 Posts
I'm getting an unhandled exception error when trying to export certain particular episode descriptions. If I click Continue, the program recovers (without exporting that episode, of course). Is this the right place to report bugs like this?

Attachments

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
I'm getting an unhandled exception error when trying to export certain particular episode descriptions. If I click Continue, the program recovers (without exporting that episode, of course). Is this the right place to report bugs like this?
This is the place! Suspect the database isn’t providing an episode description. Please provide an example of series and episode that triggers this and say which database you’re using.

·
Mostly harmless
355 Posts
This is the place! Suspect the database isn’t providing an episode description. Please provide an example of series and episode that triggers this and say which database you’re using.
Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

S1E9 and E10 bork every time. I have experienced the same issue once before, but put it down to user error so I can't provide details. :)

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #872 ·
View attachment 69588

S1E9 and E10 bork every time. I have experienced the same issue once before, but put it down to user error so I can't provide details. :)
The issue is missing data items returned by API Ver. 4 of theTVDB.com database. MG3 Ver. 4.03 has been released (see first post), which catches these errors and provides suitable messages rather than crashing. The reason Ver. 4.01 didn't have the errors was it used previous API ver. 3. However that API version is deprecated and will be shut down soon, so MG3 will be using Ver. 4 Another work around is just to use tmdB.com as the source database.

Note that zip file attachments are no longer allowed by the new forum software so Ver. 4.03 is distributed via a link to my one-drive public folder. Tested OK for me but if you have problems let me know.

·
Mostly harmless
355 Posts
Note that zip file attachments are no longer allowed by the new forum software so Ver. 4.03 is distributed via a link to my one-drive public folder. Tested OK for me but if you have problems let me know.
:(
Plant Font Tree Drawing Brand

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 · (Edited)
I refreshed the OneDrive link in the first post. Please try again.

If it still doesn't work, download the attached text file ('alink.txt") and copy/paste the OneDrive link from that file into your browser's address. Does that work?

In either case be sure to open properties of the downloaded .zip file and unlock (unblock?) it before extracting the files.

Attachments

861 - 876 of 876 Posts