TiVo Community Forum banner
841 - 860 of 876 Posts

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #841 · (Edited)
Ver 4.02:

Getting an error accessing distroSeriesIds.txt. Selecting continue open program but I can't save TV or Movie info.
Please provide screen shot or text of the error message. Don't include all the "assembly" listings though.

The ver. 4.02 distro zip doesn't include a distroSeriesIds.txt file and this should not cause any error. Are you inserting a file of that name in the runtime folder?

·
2,342 Posts
Please provide screen shot or text of the error message. Don't include all the "assembly" listings though.

The ver. 4.02 distro zip doesn't include a distroSeriesIds.txt file and this should not cause any error. Are you inserting a file of that name in the runtime folder?
I downloaded distroSeriesIds.txt and from earlier post in this thread and added it.

Here is a screen shot:

Strange issue.

Attachments

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #843 ·
I downloaded distroSeriesIds.txt and from earlier post in this thread and added it.

Here is a screen shot:

Strange issue.
Where did you put the file? distroSeriesIds.txt should only be put in the runtime folder, not the appData folder.
The problem is access denied but the file path in the screen shot is truncated so I can't tell which folder it was looking at.

MG3 reads distroSeriesIds.txt file once at startup then deletes it. The exception looks like it came at the delete step so maybe the file permission of the file you inserted didn't allow deletion? Normally this file is part of a zipped distro and is placed along with other distro files in the runtime folder and would not be marked Read Only, i.e., would have delete (modify/write) permissions.

I've attached a recent version of distroSeriesIds.txt if that will help. I haven't been including it in the distros because no one has been updating it. But I will include it from now on because it is better than nothing for new installations that don't have a local knownSeriesIds.txt in their appdata folder. @elprice7345 was providing updates with additional entries but he hasn't done that recently.

Attachments

·
2,342 Posts
Where did you put the file? distroSeriesIds.txt should only be put in the runtime folder, not the appData folder.
The problem is access denied but the file path in the screen shot is truncated so I can't tell which folder it was looking at.

MG3 reads distroSeriesIds.txt file once at startup then deletes it. The exception looks like it came at the delete step so maybe the file permission of the file you inserted didn't allow deletion? Normally this file is part of a zipped distro and is placed along with other distro files in the runtime folder and would not be marked Read Only, i.e., would have delete (modify/write) permissions.

I've attached a recent version of distroSeriesIds.txt if that will help. I haven't been including it in the distros because no one has been updating it. But I will include it from now on because it is better than nothing for new installations that don't have a local knownSeriesIds.txt in their appdata folder. @elprice7345 was providing updates with additional entries but he hasn't done that recently.
Rebooted computer then distroSeriesIds.txt installed correctly. MG 4.02 is working now. Thanks for all your work on this program!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm also seeing crashes on v4.02. My crash happens specifically on S11E10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, other episodes of the series work fine, for some reason, just this single episode causes an issue. I ran v4.01 and it worked fine.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MetaDataSearch.theTVDBSearch.GetEpisodeOverview(String epId)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.GetEpisodeOverview(episode& ep)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.ShowSelectedEpisode(enumProcessMode mode)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.treeShow_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
I'm also seeing crashes on v4.02. My crash happens specifically on S11E10 of Curb Your Enthusiasm, other episodes of the series work fine, for some reason, just this single episode causes an issue. I ran v4.01 and it worked fine.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MetaDataSearch.theTVDBSearch.GetEpisodeOverview(String epId)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.GetEpisodeOverview(episode& ep)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.ShowSelectedEpisode(enumProcessMode mode)
   at TVSearchForm.TVSearchForm.treeShow_DoubleClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnDoubleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Hmm, not getting this error. I looks like the overview item was missing for that episode of CYE. Maybe someone filled it in later. Try again.

Even if that was the cause it reveals a need to trap errors like missing meta items and handle gracefully. Will do some work on that for the next release.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hmm, not getting this error. I looks like the overview item was missing for that episode of CYE. Maybe someone filled it in later. Try again.

Even if that was the cause it reveals a need to trap errors like missing meta items and handle gracefully. Will do some work on that for the next release.
Not crashing today for me either.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #848 ·
Not crashing today for me either.
S4E10 of Yellowstone (the finale coming up next Sunday -- aren't we all watching?) currently is missing the overview (synopsis, description, whatever) and will give that error. You can get the episode metadata (but still missing the overview) without crashing if you use TMDb as the search source. I've fixed the code for the next release. Will wait a few days to see what other bugs pop up with the new TVDB V4 API source.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
S4E10 of Yellowstone (the finale coming up next Sunday -- aren't we all watching?) currently is missing the overview (synopsis, description, whatever) and will give that error. You can get the episode metadata (but still missing the overview) without crashing if you use TMDb as the search source. I've fixed the code for the next release. Will wait a few days to see what other bugs pop up with the new TVDB V4 API source.
I see the same error on Yellowstone S04E10 as I saw on Curb Your Enthusiasm S11E10. And yes, I'm looking forward to the Yellowstone finale too.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Edited: No longer valid...

I didn't see we got mind server working but I'm having two points of trouble...

1. I use Firefox, any instructions on how to get the cookie data with Firefox?

2. I get the below error:

H:\Users\Chuck\Documents\MetaGenerator\nodeServer>node main.js
'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What I supposed to do something first to associate the file or so windows knows where it is?

I should also note that it does work because I get a dos window when I do a search but it fails because I don't have a good token.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I found the first part of my question, in case anyone is interested, in Firfox hit SHFT + F9 while on the page to go into developer mode, and you will see the token there Storage Inspector - Firefox Developer Tools | MDN

However, I'm still failing to pull a series id. This is what was in the dos window when I queried MASH; The Error says "RPC Returned Nothing"

Server running on port 3000
QUERY = {"domainToken":"GReX4koRic_FGB3kMOUTKX16I3uSlJ6Af0PDtsPhZY0okV3hoMtXOk2ddtbFTbctDcYjmR1Z.h9xG3clTsYnT1mQ8ShK2HSx2B4oO3NEbRAuSOixfIX2SLgTmUJWgBLrKZy1kVGPDksRSy4T71K_89PleRI8rNZEu0KIYOVkh4U0P2RVSGD.8uAwGixrEVKgtWncyheNxf8-","tsn":"tsn:746000190317XXX"}
DOMAINTOKEN = GReX4koRic_FGB3kMOUTKX16I3uSlJ6Af0PDtsPhZY0okV3hoMtXOk2ddtbFTbctDcYjmR1Z.h9xG3clTsYnT1mQ8ShK2HSx2B4oO3NEbRAuSOixfIX2SLgTmUJWgBLrKZy1kVGPDksRSy4T71K_89PleRI8rNZEu0KIYOVkh4U0P2RVSGD.8uAwGixrEVKgtWncyheNxf8-
TSN = tsn:746000190317XXX
QUERY =
{"title":"m.a.s.h","orderBy":"strippedTitle","includeBroadcast":"true","includeFree":"true","includePaid":"false","includeVod":"false","levelOfDetail":"medium","count":"50","mergeOverridingCollections":"true","filterUnavailable":"false","collectionType":"series","type":"collectionSearch"}
=======================

connected
Request =
MRPC/2 253 321
Type: request
RpcId: 1
SchemaVersion: 21
Content-Type: application/json
RequestType: collectionSearch
BodyId: tsn:746000190317XXX
ResponseCount: single
X-ApplicationName: Quicksilver
X-ApplicationVersion: 1.2
X-ApplicationSessionId: 2605835

{"title":"m.a.s.h","orderBy":"strippedTitle","includeBroadcast":"true","includeFree":"true","includePaid":"false","includeVod":"false","levelOfDetail":"medium","count":"50","mergeOverridingCollections":"true","filterUnavailable":"false","collectionType":"series","type":"collectionSearch","bodyId":"tsn:746000190317XXX"}

===================

RESPONSE LENGTH = 54
RESPONSE: {"isBottom":true,"isTop":true,"type":"collectionList"}
QUERY =
{"title":"m.a.s.h","namespace":"trioserver","count":"25","bodyId":"tsn:746000190317XXX","orderBy":["seasonNumber","episodeNum"],"levelOfDetail":"medium","type":"offerSearch"}
=======================

Tivo mind websocket closed 1005
connected
Request =
MRPC/2 248 175
RequestType: offerSearch

{"title":"m.a.s.h","namespace":"trioserver","count":"25","bodyId":"tsn:746000190317XXX","orderBy":["seasonNumber","episodeNum"],"levelOfDetail":"medium","type":"offerSearch"}

===================

RESPONSE LENGTH = 49
RESPONSE: {"isBottom":true,"isTop":true,"type":"offerList"}
QUERY =
{"title":"m.a.s.h","count":"25","bodyId":"tsn:746000190317XXX","orderBy":["seasonNumber","episodeNum"],"levelOfDetail":"medium","type":"offerSearch"}
=======================

connected
Request =
MRPC/2 248 150
RequestType: offerSearch

{"title":"m.a.s.h","count":"25","bodyId":"tsn:746000190317XXX","orderBy":["seasonNumber","episodeNum"],"levelOfDetail":"medium","type":"offerSearch"}

===================

RESPONSE LENGTH = 49
RESPONSE: {"isBottom":true,"isTop":true,"type":"offerList"}

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #852 ·
@Soapm
It looks like you're trying to use the NodeJS RPC server instead of the built-in one. This can be done but AFAIK there is no great reward for the complications involved. So I would recommend unchecking "Use NodeJS Server" in the Mind RPC settings panel.

If you still want to use the NodeJS server, the gory details for setting that up are given in RPCsupportFilesInstructions.txt which is included in the distribution zip.

Thanks for finding the way to get the domain token in Firefox. I will include that in new versions of DomainToken.txt. I looked for a way to find it in the Chrome browser but could not.

·
2,342 Posts
I found the first part of my question, in case anyone is interested, in Firfox hit SHFT + F9 while on the page to go into developer mode, and you will see the token there Storage Inspector - Firefox Developer Tools | MDN
Thanks for the Firfox hit SHFT + F9 gouge!!!

How do you get to developer mode? Details please. (Firefox hit SHFT + F9 while on the page to go into developer mode)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thanks for the Firfox hit SHFT + F9 gouge!!!

How do you get to developer mode? Details please. (Firefox hit SHFT + F9 while on the page to go into developer mode)
In the link, go down to the section titled Opening the Storage Inspector. That's how mines looks after I hit SHFT + F9. In the name column, there was one named Domain Token. I clicked it and it opened another window to the right where I could highlight the token, right click and the only option was copy.

@dlfl = I was doing all I could to follow a simple, single set of instructions. Obviously I failed and somehow merged what I was doing. Can you give me a skinny on simple? I just want it to work and have no preference on how.

I unchecked the box and still get nothing. I'm lost.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 · (Edited)
In the link, go down to the section titled Opening the Storage Inspector. That's how mines looks after I hit SHFT + F9. In the name column, there was one named Domain Token. I clicked it and it opened another window to the right where I could highlight the token, right click and the only option was copy.

@dlfl = I was doing all I could to follow a simple, single set of instructions. Obviously I failed and somehow merged what I was doing. Can you give me a skinny on simple? I just want it to work and have no preference on how.

I unchecked the box and still get nothing. I'm lost.
In Mind RPC settings:
Uncheck Use NodeJS Server
Enter a valid Domain Token and TiVo credentials.
Close the form (to save settings)

RPC searches will work as they used to. I wonder if you're getting the right cookie (domain token)? I don't have FireFox installed so can't check that. If not you should see an error message to that effect.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
So I have this right, I didn't need to do any of the things in RPCsupportFilesInstructions. I just unzip like before, add the credentials and I'm ready to go? Is that what you're saying?

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
So I have this right, I didn't need to do any of the things in RPCsupportFilesInstructions. I just unzip like before, add the credentials and I'm ready to go? Is that what you're saying?
Yep.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
PS... You're right, I get a different site cookie in each browser;

EDGE
qKVxyELSPyZFXT6Z4gPLMaAtmlZ0s5Uw6_.XSGkXthVFvFlmucGwMg.RCica.4Jz8t4Oi0TK.P.V9swzbcVu5MUOQaWR_5FqK9Wrc3fDCoFwCWq.tzc_HZM.0u4Giwx5JRNkHL2J6XKH3W9IehCzMseSi9h2vXrg2_eLnEqJeoY53ywJa.fs0QDY95R0NaIiy2Dpv.bkE.0-

FireFox
GReX4koRic_FGB3kMOUTKX16I3uSlJ6Af0PDtsPhZY0okV3hoMtXOk2ddtbFTbctDcYjmR1Z.h9xG3clTsYnT1mQ8ShK2HSx2B4oO3NEbRAuSOixfIX2SLgTmUJWgBLrKZy1kVGPDksRSy4T71K_89PleRI8rNZEu0KIYOVkh4U0P2RVSGD.8uAwGixrEVKgtWncyheNxf8-

But neither works, I still get the same "Nothing found" message on MASH

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Update:

The error is in searching MASH. For kicks and grins I tried Adam-12 and it worked just fine. Thanks for your great work!!!

ALSO: Either token works just fine? Not sure what's up with that???

841 - 860 of 876 Posts