TiVo Community Forum banner
821 - 840 of 876 Posts

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #821 · (Edited)
New test distro Ver. 3.97T10 in attached zip. It includes the fixed C# server.
EDIT: Attachment removed; superseded. See post #828.
Ver. 3.97T10

Fixed: RPC search timeout/cancel did not stop RPC search queries in mind server.
Enhanced: Reworked C# mind server.

I did some timings of RPC searches for the show "Hill Street Blues" using all three server types. The two node.js versions had identical times so are not reported separately. Times are in seconds.
Code:
Search Type    C# Server Node.js Server
SeriesId          14              6
ProgramIds        29            14

And for programId for the movie "An Affair to Remember":
                  12              4
A couple of notes that might be helpful:
1. Do not install both the compiled and script (not-compiled) versions of the node.js server. I found the compiled version will throw an error if you try to run it in a folder containing the package.json file from the script version package. (Hard to imagine why any one would do this but ....)

2. If the server locks up (which should not happen :rolleyes:) you can clear it by going to the Mind RPC settings screen and toggling the "Use NodeJS server" checkbox, which causes MG3 to kill whatever server it was using.

3. If you do encounter a problem running a server, please do me a favor and copy the current contents of the server window and paste them in a post or attachment. ( Click upper left corner to get menu. Select Edit then Mark. Use mouse to select text. Select Copy in menu.) Or I assume you could do a screen shot of that window (click on window, hit Alt-PrtSrn).

And be sure to read RPCsupportFilesInstructions.txt attached to post #808, which also includes download links to the compiled versions of the Node.js server and the rpcSearch131 python file, neither of which have changed for the attached MG3 test distro.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just confirming: This works for me with both the C# and the compiled node.js server. Bravo! I will likely stay with the latter, since it's materially faster.

Thanks for all of your efforts and hard work. If you change your mind about a donation to the cause, please let us know.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Trying MG397T10 version with the c# server. I'm getting stuck on the following
Computer Product Black Azure Rectangle

The error message comes up almost immediately. I'm running Python 2.7 on this system. Is this telling me I need Python 3.x or should I try the rpcsearch131.exe?
EDIT: I tried putting rpcsearch131.exe in the MG397T10 folder and it worked.

Also, I installed MG397T10 on a fresh PC without Python installed (MG complained about needing Python for programIDs). Ignored the warnings and downloaded the rpcsearch131.zip file from Mediafire, unzipped the rpcsearch zip and mg397t10 worked!

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #824 ·
Trying MG397T10 version with the c# server. I'm getting stuck on the following View attachment 62951
The error message comes up almost immediately. I'm running Python 2.7 on this system. Is this telling me I need Python 3.x or should I try the rpcsearch131.exe?
EDIT: I tried putting rpcsearch1331.exe in the MG397T10 folder and it worked.

Also, I installed MG397T10 on a fresh PC without Python installed (MG complained about needing Python for programIDs). Ignored the warnings and downloaded the rpcsearch131.zip file from Mediafire, unzipped the rpcsearch zip and mg397t10 worked!
MG3 now does require Python 3 and also requires Python to have the Requests package installed. Instructions are given in the .txt file attached to post #808. Being able to use the RpcSearch131.exe file instead is how it's supposed to work. Python 2 is deprecated and becoming obsolete so I thought I better upgrade MG3.

·
2,342 Posts
MG3 now does require Python 3 and also requires Python to have the Requests package installed. Instructions are given in the .txt file attached to post #808. Being able to use the RpcSearch131.exe file instead is how it's supposed to work. Python 2 is deprecated and becoming obsolete so I thought I better upgrade MG3.
Do I need to install Python 3 or will RpcSeasch131.exe suffice?

I only have RpcSearch131 installed and the only way I can connect is to test the server and leave the CMD window/server open with MG3.

((("Test the server by opening a Windows command window and changing directory to the nodeServer subfolder. Then enter "node main.js". You should see a message "Server running on port 3000". Now in a browser go to http://localhost:3000/url . You should see:

["Tony","Lisa","Michael","Ginger","Food"]")))

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #826 ·
Do I need to install Python 3 or will RpcSeasch131.exe suffice?

I only have RpcSearch131 installed and the only way I can connect is to test the server and leave the CMD window/server open with MG3.

((("Test the server by opening a Windows command window and changing directory to the nodeServer subfolder. Then enter "node main.js". You should see a message "Server running on port 3000". Now in a browser go to http://localhost:3000/url . You should see:

["Tony","Lisa","Michael","Ginger","Food"]")))
No need for python 3 if you put rpcSearch131.exe in the folder wth the MG3 executable. That method of testing the server has nothing to do with the python stuff. It applies only to the script-type NodeJS server, not the distributed C# server or the compiled NodeJS server. Be sure to read the .txt file attached to post #808. It should help with these type questions.

·
2,342 Posts
No need for python 3 if you put rpcSearch131.exe in the folder wth the MG3 executable. That method of testing the server has nothing to do with the python stuff. It applies only to the script-type NodeJS server, not the distributed C# server or the compiled NodeJS server. Be sure to read the .txt file attached to post #808. It should help with these type questions.
It's working great now! Thanks!

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #828 · (Edited)
EDIT: Attachments removed. Superseded by 4.01 release. See first post for download.
MG3 (or should it be MG4?) has had a major upgrade: It can do RPC searches without needing any additional files or installations! And the search times are very close to those obtained with the NodeJS mind server. The separate C# server is no longer needed or distributed.

Install the Ver. 4.01T1 test distro from the attached zip. It still has the option of using the compiled or script NodeJS server versions if you check "Use NodeJS Server" in the Mind RPC settings. The attached .txt file provides updated instructions for the python and NodeJS support files needed in that case. The download links for those files, which have not changed, are provided in post #808. It also still provides instructions for getting the Domain Token cookie that is required for any RPC searches regardless of method. It's hard to see much incentive for using the NodeJS version now, but it is provided as an option and can be a workaround if you have trouble with the integrated version.

This was a major porting job from the Python code into C# and, although I've spent hours testing it, a few bugs would not be surprising. If you get an exception pop-up message please post the text or a screen shot (but don't include the long list of assemblies used). And please give details of what actions led to the crash.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #829 · (Edited)
Be advised that when your domanToken cookie is invalid MG4 Ver. 4.01T1 doesn't give a good failure message for RPC searches, just a generic search failed --- this is when using the default integral code, not the NodeJS server. I've fixed this but will hold off doing another distribution for a while.

TL;DR : If RPC searches fail when using the default built-in code, be sure to re-check your domainToken cookie.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #830 ·
Version 4.01 has been released. See first post to download attached distribution zip, or instructions for getting the domainToken cookie needed for RPC searches.

This release requires no additional files or installations to perform RPC searches. The option of using nodeJs and python programs for this is preserved (see the Mind RPC settings) and instructions for the various configurations needed for this option are included in the attached RPCsupportFilesInstructions.txt file.

Attachments

·
leswar
237 Posts
Congratulations and a big thanks. I just happen to come here tonight, thought I might have a lot of reading to do ( haven't been to the site in some time - lo and behold a completed 4.01 ) Wow. It works great. And just last night I was using t
Version 4.01 has been released. See first post to download attached distribution zip, or instructions for getting the domainToken cookie needed for RPC searches.

This release requires no additional files or installations to perform RPC searches. The option of using nodeJs and python programs for this is preserved (see the Mind RPC settings) and instructions for the various configurations needed for this option are included in the attached RPCsupportFilesInstructions.txt file.
Congratulations and a big thanks. I just happen to come here tonight, thought I might have a lot of reading to do ( haven't been to the site in some time - lo and behold a completed 4.01 ) Wow. It works great. And just last night I was using the labor intensive kmttg work around for all my Sunday shows, lol. if I had waited a day haha

Seriously though - thank you again for what must have been such hard work for this needed program . I mean to restore it to full functionally - it is so great you are the king!

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #832 ·
Just a heads up warning:
theTVDB.com has warned they will soon require Version 4 of their API. The next MG3 version will use API V4 and unfortunately I've found that this requires using .NET 4.7.2 framework because V4 requires SSL/TLS ver. 1.2 and .NET 4.0 doesn't support that.

TL;DR For the next version of MG3 your system will have to have .NET 4.7.2 installed. Should not be a major issue and I **think** it's already present on most Windows PC's.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #834 · (Edited)
I'm getting some EPs with a dot ( i.e. EP.372072580-0451739113) What does that mean? Should one remove the dots?
The dots are new to me.

Please give example of show/episode that does this.

What software are you using these with?
If you pull to TiVo does the one with the dot work correctly? If not try replacing the dot with a zero ('0').

AFAIK the number before the dash needs to be 10 digits with zero padding at front if necessary. Your result suggests the zero-padding may have a bug. I will look into this but please provide the example case to help me do this.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Just a heads up warning:
theTVDB.com has warned they will soon require Version 4 of their API. The next MG3 version will use API V4 and unfortunately I've found that this requires using .NET 4.7.2 framework because V4 requires SSL/TLS ver. 1.2 and .NET 4.0 doesn't support that.

TL;DR For the next version of MG3 your system will have to have .NET 4.7.2 installed. Should not be a major issue and I **think** it's already present on most Windows PC's.
I've got so many versions of .NET on my PC now, I'm sure another one is not going to be a problem. Thanks again for continuing to support this program.

·
leswar
237 Posts
The dots are new to me.

Please give example of show/episode that does this.

What software are you using these with?
If you pull to TiVo does the one with the dot work correctly? If not try replacing the dot with a zero ('0').

AFAIK the number before the dash needs to be 10 digits with zero padding at front if necessary. Your result suggests the zero-padding may have a bug. I will look into this but please provide the example case to help me do this.
Seal Team
Season 5 Episode 9
2021-11-28
SH.372072580 (I just noticed the dot here too)
EP.372072580-0451739113

using Windows 7

I thought maybe it was something to d0 with this episode was only on CBS' streaming service.
Episode 10 (Season 5) has it too, as well as other shows but am not recalling which if any.
I haven't loaded any to my tivos yet as I am not that far along in my viewing.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #837 · (Edited)
I'm getting some EPs with a dot ( i.e. EP.372072580-0451739113) What does that mean? Should one remove the dots?
Thank you. This was a bug introduced with the built-in RPC server and has been fixed in new Release 4.02 -- see first post for download.
Note this bug didn't exist if using the NodeJS server configuration.

This release also defaults to using theTVDB API Version 4 for TVDB series searches. Search times may be slower, especially when you first select a specific episode of a series. You can force it to revert to V3 using CL option -tvdbV3

As warned previously, theTVDB API4 requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed on your PC. I think this happens automatically on most PC's but in case you need help:

To determine what .NET versions are installed: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed - .NET Framework | Microsoft Docs

To manually install 4.7.2: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer for Windows

·
leswar
237 Posts
Thank you. This was a bug introduced with the built-in RPC server and has been fixed in new Release 4.02 -- see first post for download.
Note this bug didn't exist if using the NodeJS server configuration.

This release also defaults to using theTVDB API Version 4 for TVDB series searches. Search times may be slower, especially when you first select a specific episode of a series. You can force it to revert to V3 using CL option -tvdbV3

As warned previously, theTVDB API4 requires .NET Framework 4.7.2 installed on your PC. I think this happens automatically on most PC's but in case you need help:

To determine what .NET versions are installed: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed - .NET Framework | Microsoft Docs

To manually install 4.7.2: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 offline installer for Windows
Thank you for the links

Is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 okay? I have that installed currently.

·
Cranky old novice
9,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #839 · (Edited)
Thank you for the links

Is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 okay? I have that installed currently.
I would assume 4.8 is OK. I would just try it. Can't hurt. AFAIK this is only important for theTVDB searches so be sure to select that source when you try it.

Actually I haven't checked .NET versions on my PC. It may be using 4.8.

821 - 840 of 876 Posts