TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a big fan and long-time user of Metagenerator. Many thanks to all who developed and maintain this! Also, I apologize if this problem has been asked and answered, but I didn't find it via searches.

Recently I started to get the dredded "Unexpected Problem (C501)" error after transfer of a downloaded video file to my Tivo Bolt running the old UI. I traced it down to an apparent change in the format of the tvRating field in the ".txt" file created by the Metagenerator tool (using 'theTVDB'). It used to be strings like "TV-MA" or "TV-14" but now I'm seeing large numeric values in that field that seem to break Tivo. The simple fix is to either delete that field or edit it to one of the old string values and Tivo is happy again.

Any idea what's going on, and more importantly, is there a fix available other than my having to manually edit the meta file after generation? I have no need for that field, so an option to just not populate it would be fine with me.

Thanks for any help with this!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just out of curiosity what happens if you use tmdB instead of theTVDB?
Good question! It appears the problem only occurs with 'theTVDB'. Using tmDB it returns "normal" rating strings. I typically use 'theTVDB' as it's the default, and for some reason some shows don't seem to be in the tmDB (for example the latest "Streaming Wars" South Park specials). I'll switch to using tmDB as my default for now, and use 'theTVDB' only as needed. But hopefully you'll find something amiss and an easy fix. Thx for looking into this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ver. 4.05 released, download link in first post.
Ver. 4.05 (29 July 2022)
Fixed: Incorrect TV Ratings from theTVDB

Ver. 4 of theTVDB API had a change for TV Rating that wasn't handled in the code.
The TMDb TV Rating is already correctly implemented.

Thanks for your detective work exposing this @latenitetech !
Hooray!! That was an incredibly quick turnaround. Thank you so much for the quick fix and for providing this amazing tool!

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you search "South Park" in MG3 on a MOVIE tab, you get two Streaming Wars hits (which are from TMDb). Looks like these are not considered series.
Got it, thanks, make sense. Is there any particular advantage of using one database over the other? I think I have been using 'theTVDB' only because it was my default and seemed to have everything I was looking for, but perhaps TMDB has better or more complete info?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts