1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The OneDrive link works for me.

Norton still flags it as having “WS.Reputation.1” and quarantines it. My workaround is to exclude my MG3 folder from Norton scans.

I don’t know if there is a way to fix this with Norton or maybe something to add in your 1st post for future users. If I’m the only one with the problem, I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Here is post about WS.Reputation:
ALERT! Virus inside DvrBARS. Please clean.
Also note the 2nd post following the one linked.

And here is a Norton page on the subject:
WS.Reputation.1 | Symantec

I report -- you decide. ;)
Thanks for the info @dlfl! I didn't know about the reputation detection.

It doesn't sound like there's much we can do to prevent Norton from quarantining the file. Maybe the best answer is to add a warning in your top post or let users find this discussion? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
@dlfl - found a new bug ...

I searched for the series "Taboo" and the TVDB results are not in numerical episode order.

In the past, this series has been ordered properly.

Is this an MG3 issue? Issue on my side?
I've since found other series that have the same issue:
  • When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions
  • Doctor Who (2005)
  • Drugs, Inc.
  • Modern Marvels
  • Vikings

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Thanks @dlfl!

Fixed for me. I'll do some more regression testing over the next few days.
@dlfl - I haven't found any other issues in my regression testing.

I've attached an updated knownSeriesIds.txt file.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Can we not have the dialog box "Override Movie Title for RPC Search" come up, or have it be configurable to suppress it? I already enter a search term, it comes back with a list of titles, and when I click my title why do I need to confirm/change something again in this dialog box?
I expect the vast majority of movie titles will match the TMDB, so most searches won't need to override the title. @Spenner has a good suggestion if @dlfl can make the change easily. Could you override the title from within the movie details window? That way a user can search for the movie and accept the match most of the time and if they need to override the title they could click the button to change the title. The title override functionality definitely needs to stay, but maybe the workflow can be streamlined?

What's the purpose of the "Known Series IDs" dialog when MetaGenerator starts? Again, can we suppress this if we don't care instead of always waiting for it to go away or closing it manually?
MG3 is providing information about what's happening with the knownseriesid.txt file. It tells the user if any user specified seriesIds were merged with the distributed seriesIds. @dlfl made the box open temporarily from a prior user's request (it used to stay open until the user closed it).

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another. I think it's useful information, but maybe it could be written to a file instead of popping up? It doesn't bother me because it goes away pretty quickly.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Enhanced: Initial popup of known seriesId statistics has a checkbox to "Do not display this again". If checked this popup will not appear again until the first time you run a new version of MG3.
Works for me. The user should be able to toggle this switch from within the app. I found the config value in "MergeStrategy.txt", but it should be available from the app.

Changed: RPC Movie Title override entry box no longer pops up. The movieDB title is used for the programId search. The operator can override the title by entering the override title in the Title box and clicking the "Update" button, which will invoke a new RPC search with the override title.
This works great! Much improved workflow!

How does MG3 sort the search results? If I search for "marvels" in the TV tab, I get the following: Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number
I'm guessing MG3 is sorting by some sort of % match, but in this case, every result matches the search term, so they should all be the same degree of match. In this case, could MG3 sort the identical match results alphabetically? It makes it easier for the user to scan through the results.

Similar use case for movies. I was testing the changes to the movie title updates, searching for "stolen" (from the previous test cases supplied by @germitchell in the old forum) and got the following: Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number
I'm not sure why the Asian and ?Swedish? character titles appear. Most of the titles contain the word "stolen", but don't appear to be sorted in any meaningful way.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Re seriesId popup: My thought was that users would either want to see this or not. Is there a use case for turning it off then wanting to turn it back on?
I might be the only one that will do it, so I wouldn't put much effort into it. It seems like a good practice to make any configuration available through the app vs. changing a config file.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Just good practice. The only time I would turn it on or off would be to test the seriesId merge functionality.

Since I've been the only one contributing seriesIds, it's not much of a concern.

My hope when we added the merge functionality was that others would contribute and we would end up with a much more comprehensive collection of seriesIds.

Since I know how to turn it on and off and I would only need to do it while testing, I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
OK I see the use case now, although unfortunately it will probably only apply to you. How about if MG3 also does the popup if it sees (and merges) either an update*.txt or distroSeriesIds.txt file in the runtime folder at startup? Wouldn't that give diagnostic info for any possible situation of interest? Note that MG3 already pops up descriptive messages if it encounters an error (e.g., improper formatting) in any seriesId file.
That's a great idea!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I was only 99% sure I was running mg3 3.83. I just checked...100% Yesterday Windows Defender flagged rpcSearch126.exe (doesn't want me to copy from your zip archive to my MG3 directory. This morning Windows Defender didn't want me to run mg3. I let Windows Defender process an exception.

Ah..My question was what version of python I should install. 3.70 seems to be the current version. My memory is one program required an older version of python.
@lew Unless you need python for something else, I would create an exception in Defender and run MG3 with rpcSearch126.exe.

One less program to have to install and manage.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I don’t think I ever noticed before, but how are you distributing the knownSeriesIds.txt file. I don’t see it in the MG3 zip file?

The knownSeriesIds.txt popup logic works, but should the popup box remain open until the user makes a choice now that they have a choice? When I was testing, the box disappeared before I could finish reading it.

Thanks for sorting the TV and movie title results! The movie results still contain several non-English titles. Searching in the movie tab for the text “stolen” produces several non-english titles.

I looked at one from the results list – “Det forsømte forår”. TMDB has an English title for this Danish film – “Stolen Spring” which is why it shows up in the search results.

Could MG3 return the English title so it’s obvious why it was included?

One more nit – could you sort the change log in reverse chronological order? That way the user sees the most recent changes at the top of the file?

Also, it would probably be wise to put some verbiage on your top post about conflicts with AV SW and how to work around them. This seems to come up fairly often in this thread.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I saw the distroSeriesIds.txt file in T5. The 1st time MG3 opens after a new version it merges the user’s knownSeriesIds.txt file with distroSeriesIds.txt and deletes distroSeriesIds.txt. :thumbsup::up:

The movie titles show in English. :)

I’ve attached a change log sorted in reverse chronological order. I know I would rather see recent changes at the top and I presume others would as well.

I’ve also attached my most recent knownSeriesIds.txt for distribution.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
@mickrussom as @dlfl said, you must be asking about "Voltron: Legendary Defender".

That being said, the series is a Netflix only show and season 7 was released just on 8/10. All 7 seasons are available for viewing in Netflix. Seasons 1-6 are in the TiVo guide and "Find" data and therefore MG3 can find them, TiVo hasn't added season 7 data yet, so programIds don't yet exist for those episodes.

If you wait, TiVo will probably add them sometime soon or you can contact TiVo support and ask them to add them.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts