TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arriving next year, Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty (wt) is a new instalment in the Meerkat Manor series, the television phenomenon renowned for its compelling, character-led storytelling. The series is a BBC America co-production with Oxford Scientific Films, and is a heartstring-tugging, dramatic tale of survival revolving around three families who are descendants of the legendary meerkat matriarch, Flower. These neighbours and rivals who share a bloodline are forced to compete for food and resources in an environment that is undergoing a great deal of change: the Kalahari Desert in South Africa. The 13, 30-minute episodes will premiere on BBC America in 2021.

BBC America Announces New Nature Programs 'She Walks with Apes' and 'Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty' | BBC America

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,500 Posts
Loved this show. But it got hard to watch when sh!t got real, eg injuries and death. I know it's nature, and Nature's a b!tch, but I found it hard to watch animals in distress.

For some time perspective, Meerkat Manor ran from 2005 to 2008. Been a long time.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing this, new member.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loved this show. But it got hard to watch when sh!t got real, eg injuries and death. I know it's nature, and Nature's a b!tch, but I found it hard to watch animals in distress.

For some time perspective, Meerkat Manor ran from 2005 to 2008. Been a long time.

I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing this, new member.
Yeah it's insane how long ago that feels. I only recently rewatched the whole series in 2019.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I've wanted to watch Meerkat Manor for a while, turns out it's on Prime so I started it and, cool, one of my absolute favorite actors - Bill Nighy - is the narrator.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,500 Posts
So here we are in 2021. When is this programe airing?
Welcome to TCF! Your first post!

A quick Google search turned up this nugget of info. Hope it helps...

We've got some exciting nature news! BBC America has announced today (February 18) that BAFTA-winning actor Bill Nighy is set to narrate Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty, the new installation of the Meerkat Manor series. A BBC America co-production with Oxford Scientific Films, the 13 half-hour episodes will premiere this summer as part of BBC America's Wonderstruck programming line-up. This will be Nighy's first time narrating the series' U.S. broadcasts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.