I used to participate up until a couple of years ago. I asked about getting an updated box to replace the custom Netgear router they'd sent back in 2014 or so, since it appeared they no longer supported the Netgear and weren't providing any firmware updates. The answer was basically "We can't help", so my response was "Your box is going to electronics recycling, have a nice day."
Will my monthly data cap be affected?
Data usage is the total volume of data used on your broadband connection. The larger your bandwidth, the larger the amount of data available to you.
The amount of data your Whitebox uses varies depending on your package (speed-tier). For example:
In addition to the variable usage, there is a fixed data usage for your Whitebox which is 272MB per day, 8.27GB per month.
- Download speed at 10Mbps: 480MB per day, 14.6GB per month.
- Upload speed at 1Mbps: 33MB per day, 1GB per month
Below are some examples:
- 10x1: 14.6GB + 1GB + 8.27GB = 23.87GB
- 20x2: 29.2GB + 2GB + 8.27GB = 39.47GB
- 50x5: 73GB + 5GB + 8.27GB = 86.27GB
- 100x10: 146GB + 10GB + 8.27GB = 164.27GB
- 150x15: 219GB + 15GB + 8.27GB = 242.27GB
- 200x20: 292GB + 20GB + 8.27GB = 320.27GB
- 300x30: 438GB + 30GB + 8.27GB = 476.27GB
- 1000x100: 1460GB + 100GB + 8.27GB = 1568.27GB