TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the last one, right? Man did they pick some stinkers. This one was so slow I couldn't believe they had gone half an hour and gotten nowhere with the plot, and then the end was so absolutely predictable. More so given that they have picked stories with "surprise" endings that aren't surprising but more like predictably depressing.

Even if there is one more I'm deleting my season pass. Then I'm going to take a shower.

·
Save the Moderatоr
57,478 Posts
That's it. We're safe... at least until someone gets the bright idea to release the two they thought weren't good enough to air.

Which, considering the network execs typical thought processes these days, probably will turn out to be the two best, by far.

·
Konner Kringle
6,482 Posts
I even came up with an alternate ending that was basically the same or worse.

Since they were first generation RIGM victims, wouldn't they have been contaminated when Jamie Denton, a second gen victim, boarded their vessel?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I really had some hopes for this one, having Ellison write the story it was taken from, and participated in the screenplay. It even had some very good actors Brian, Jamie (Mr. Lyle) and John Hurt. This was so predictable, so awful, I found myself feeling sorry for the actors, not the characters.

They gave their blood BEFORE leaving the ship! That HAS to be the most brain-dead move for a guy with two brains I have ever seen. You go back to Earth, you get settled, THEN you start to give your blood. Sheesh!

This show and Flash Gordon on the SciFi channel are in a race to see who can do the worst. I'm now convinced that by watching either of them, I'm the loser.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WinBear said:
I even came up with an alternate ending that was basically the same or worse.
I figured the discarded would either get screwed or Earth would blow up their ship. Why they didn't negotiate for the land and get settled before giving their blood is beyond me.

So, I'm assuming the new passengers were people who weren't curable for some reason? Or maybe just a stupid plot device we aren't suppose to question so that pretty boy could look pained at the end?

·
Series 3
32,283 Posts
Church AV Guy said:
I really had some hopes for this one, having Ellison write the story it was taken from, and participated in the screenplay. It even had some very good actors Brian, Jamie (Mr. Lyle) and John Hurt. This was so predictable, so awful, I found myself feeling sorry for the actors, not the characters.
Ellison also had a small acting part in this and the episode was directed by Jonathan Frakes.

And I agree that it was a disappointment.
(And what was up with that jazz score?)

·
wait.. I did what?
14,615 Posts
I'll say this tho, in the the 4 episodes, I was very impressed with the quality of the image, the sets, the fx.

unfortunately not always the stories or the acting..

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Church AV Guy said:
I saw all that and still figured it would stink. I was, unfortunately, right. The "star" quality has been pretty good, and even the performances have been OK. But the stories are the worst of the worst.

I'm almost afraid to admit it, but I think the first episode was actually the "best" one.

·
Curiously Strong
41,408 Posts
dianebrat said:
I'll say this tho, in the the 4 episodes, I was very impressed with the quality of the image, the sets, the fx.

unfortunately not always the stories or the acting..
Totally agree. While I was watching this, I thinking it was SUCH a shame that all this good makeup was being waisted on this story.

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
i must have missed this part so can someone tell me why you would want to go back to earth when the guy said it not only is spreading all over earth (inferring destruction of planet), but that it is more rapid? I took that to mean onset and progression and death is more rapid so i figured why go somewhere to die more quickly?

·
Right side up again.
16,952 Posts
Predictable as the plot was, I thought it was still an enjoyable watch for the makeup and the morbidly fascinating grotesque deformities. Plot -1, acting 0, special effects +1. Which puts it a couple points ahead of a typical Star Trek original series. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.