TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Poster of News
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7058

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- FOX is sending "Malcolm in the Middle" back to Sundays beginning January 29, where it will take over the 7:00/6:00c slot.

The news, announced via scheduling updates by the network this morning, means tonight's installment ("Bride of Ida") will be the show's last airing in the Friday, 8:30/7:30c half-hour. Repeats of "The Bernie Mac Show" will fill the slot beginning next week.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
FOX has to be the dumbest network on the air. Of course Malcolm in the Middle is the least watch show. Nobody watches tv friday nights between 8-10PM. You would think after all these years that FOX would have realized that. I would laugh my a** off if the ratings go up dramatically because of the time slot. That would just prove that FOX has no clue what the hell there doing

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,556 Posts
lambertman said:
Well, what do you suggest they do? Go black?
They could air second-chances for their shows then.

I'm surprised they haven't tried just a live cam from Times Square -- they could even have commentary by guests about passers-by.

Anyway, it's not that nobody watches, is that they haven't quite yet found a show that is good enough to keep large numbers home to watch on Friday -- like "Dallas" used to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ufo4sale said:
FOX has to be the dumbest network on the air. Of course Malcolm in the Middle is the least watch show. Nobody watches tv friday nights between 8-10PM. You would think after all these years that FOX would have realized that. I would laugh my a** off if the ratings go up dramatically because of the time slot. That would just prove that FOX has no clue what the hell there doing
Sure, people watch Friday 8-10. Just happens to be another network. SG1, SGA & BSG. :)

·
Poster of News
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's still weird thinking of people who dont time shift, even with a vcr

plus the people that do time shift very likely will watch more shows than those that dont...minus the ads of course :)

·
Unresponsive User
1,136 Posts

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,556 Posts
I'll miss this one. But it's time. It's still in good form, and they can bring things to a proper close somehow. The rumors of this being the last season by choice have been around since the middle of last season, so it wasn't altogether unexpected.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,003 Posts
No surprise that the show is going. Also no surprise that they weren't getting any viewers on Fridays. I've always loved this show and will be sad to see it go, but it had a good run and the kids are getting to the point where they're not believable as teenagers anymore. I really like how much they've filled out Dewey's character over the last few seasons. It would be pretty cool if they could figure out a way to spin off his character into a new show or something. I'd like to see all the stuff that he gets himself into (with his family completely oblivious).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.