TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides its obvious concern for details, Mad Men had a great "look & feel" and compelling, if troubling, realism, but I may give up after the lack of an interesting storyline in this episode. I don't care about the wife or whatever medical or psychological problem she's having. (It looked a little like petit mal seizures to me.) The hopeless crush of the secretary on the newlywed is only slightly more interesting.

The focus of Mad Men should be on the Mad men and not their wives. Give us some back stabbing politics, while showing the dynamics of teamwork leading to successful ad campaigns, and the natural conflict between the two. I.e., focus on the relationships among the Mad men and women at the office. There's no need to leave out the smoking, drinking, and occasionally-successful skirt chasing though.

I liked the way they never explained the unnamed secretary sobbing in the bathroom - and then showed our heroine secretary (she with the crush) not doing the same. Anytime a writer doesn't resort to women breaking down in hysterical fits of sobbing is good by me!

So is the firm's token Italian Mad-man gay or not gay? He pegs the meter on my admittedly faulty gaydar, but he threw some curve balls tonight. Was he just closeting a little better?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After watching the episode, a doctor friend diagnosed the wife's illness or psychiatric disorder as
MS.
He seems quite confident is his diagnosis. Time will tell.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Astrohip, if you're looking to watch the first two episodes, they're available on iTunes for $1.99 each (16:9 aspect ratio, not HD, 420p?). The promo is free. Mad Men isn't on Amazon Unbox, at least the last time that I looked.

iTunes delivered episode 2 to my Apple TV about 14 hours before its initial broadcast. :) Episode 1 was about 48 hours late. :mad:

(mwhip, just to be clear, I didn't intend to imply any challenge to your statement that you couldn't get the show via On Demand. I wanted to backup your "I did some searching" comment, because I was very surprised that the show was indeed out there - somewhere - in HD.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.