TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mentally Hilarious
2,646 Posts
So the files that are transferred via the Mac version of TTG have an .mpg extension instead of .tivo?

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Knowing Tivo and Mac support it will probably be released not long after the Series 4 Tivo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also am not holding out hope for this any time soon. From what I've read around here it seriously appears that while many promises are made regarding Mac support in the end they don't happen often.

As for them being mpeg, I wonder if that's just while they're testing it. I'd be shocked if they didn't have any DRM on them like the Windows version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting stuff. As with many Mac users, it's been a long wait, and I don't expect TiVo to come through with something before Fall of this year at the earliest. I'm even considering upgrading my PC just for TiVo2Go. :(

As for the OS - it's definitely not Tiger, not only no Spotlight, but no dashboard, and the Apple menu icon is pre-Tiger. Hopefully that is not an indicator of difficulties to come.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.