TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a season thread, already, but for the love of timeshifting, let's have episode threads! This thread will contain untagged spoilers.

The episode description:

Inexplicably recovered from their terrifying night, Leti and George luxuriate in their new surroundings, while Atticus grows suspicious of their Ardham Lodge hosts--Christina Braithwhite and her elusive father Samuel--who unveil cryptic plans for Atticus' role in their upcoming "Sons of Adam" ceremony. Later, after Tic, Leti, and George stumble upon a clue that could lead them to Montrose, each takes an unwelcome walk down memory lane.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,551 Posts
Loved the first episode, this one... not so much. Still in to see where it goes.
That's me. It turned into a weird horror series (and I get maybe that's what it is supposed to be) but it lost the whole reason why I loved the first episode, and how that played against the times the show takes place. This was more weird undead horror stuff. Oh, and I hate the music from another era making it into a period piece, so I hated the Jefferson's theme (which had little do with the scene) and the ****** song which was from about 15-20 years in the future.

· Unemployed Bum
38,151 Posts
It wrapped up so well I had to go look to see if it was a 2-episode mini-series or something. Totally threw me for a loop there.

Enjoying this series a lot and I'm not normally a horror fan.

· Registered
3,052 Posts
The pacing between episode 1 and episode 2 is very jarring.. I mean episode 1 moved pretty quick but was easy to follow and had the climactic ending, but episode 2 seemed like it could've been stretched out over 3-7 episodes and couldve been the rest of the season...

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,407 Posts
I hate the music from another era making it into a period piece, so I hated the Jefferson's theme (which had little do with the scene) and the ****** song which was from about 15-20 years in the future.
Absolute best part of the episode. Great music.

The Jefferson's theme was spot-on, as they were reveling in great books and perfect fitting clothes. They were definitely "movin' on up" in those scenes.

And Gil Scott-Heron's "****** on the Moon". Nailed it. White people living their lives in splendor ("on the moon"), while a rat bites his sister. Again, just a perfect song for the scene.

The fact they're not era-specific didn't diminish them one iota (IMHO). In fact, maybe made them even more spot-on.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,551 Posts
Absolute best part of the episode. Great music.

The Jefferson's theme was spot-on, as they were reveling in great books and perfect fitting clothes. They were definitely "movin' on up" in those scenes.

And Gil Scott-Heron's "****** on the Moon". Nailed it. White people living their lives in splendor ("on the moon"), while a rat bites his sister. Again, just a perfect song for the scene.

The fact they're not era-specific didn't diminish them one iota (IMHO). In fact, maybe made them even more spot-on.
Well we all have our own opinions. I think a show that takes place in the 1950s should have music from the 1950s. And Movin on up...they weren't in an apartment, or on the east side. But OK. And again, the music later on took me out of the show. There are plenty of music from that era that could have been used. That's just my opinion, obviously it didn't do that for you.

· Well-Known Raconteur
18,407 Posts
Well we all have our own opinions. I think a show that takes place in the 1950s should have music from the 1950s. And Movin on up...they weren't in an apartment, or on the east side. But OK. And again, the music later on took me out of the show. There are plenty of music from that era that could have been used. That's just my opinion, obviously it didn't do that for you.
I understand, I was just presenting a counterpoint. I've heard others comment on the music being out of era. I just thought those two, in particular, were just perfect for those scenes.

· A good Man
2,180 Posts
This episode moved fast. I am a Lovecraft fan and was afraid it would have enough Lovecraft type monsters or that "Lovecraft feel" to it. But so far it's been great. The mansion with the secret cult reminds me of the "Rats in the Walls" story.

Where does it all go from here? I can't wait to find out.

· Liberal Elitist
3,370 Posts
I'm loving this show. I don't know where we're headed, but it sure seems like it's going to be a wild ride.

And BTW, normally I would feel sort of the same as Steveknj about the music, but in this case the whole show is such a mash-up of so many different things that it isn't bothering me at all.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,551 Posts
To me, this episode had the feeling of a season finale. Towards the end of it I was afraid that Lovecraft was a two episode series, I was very happy to see previews come on for the next episode.
I had that same thought. Felt like there was nowhere else to go. But I guess there is

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.