TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 152 Posts

· Deregistered Snoozer
4,940 Posts
Funnily enough, that's exactly who I thought it was first. But, I thought that he was around long long before the events in this series so I dismissed it. But maybe they're "adjusting" this timeline.

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I thought this week was a much better episode. Last week was good, but I felt bored at times. This week kept moving.

Mithril! And Isildur is off to war!

One thing confused me: First they show Galadriel leaving the docks, then the leaves start falling, then the Queen Regent calls a meeting and Galadriel is there. Are we to assume she was called back, but not shown to us? Or did I miss something?

PS: Edit: Don't think it's TB. He doesn't fit the timeline. Still sticking with a wizard.

· Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,020 Posts
One thing confused me: First they show Galadriel leaving the docks, then the leaves start falling, then the Queen Regent calls a meeting and Galadriel is there. Are we to assume she was called back, but not shown to us? Or did I miss something?
I think the Queen saw the leaves falling and realized this was what she saw in her dream, and that if she sent Galadriel away her kingdom would be destroyed. So she called her back, but it wasn't shown to us so that it could be dramatically revealed in that meeting.

· All About Footwork
29,801 Posts
Why hide the fact that the deposed king is deathly ill?
If Game of Thrones taught me anything, it's to ward-off the scheming and plotting of succession.

· TDL shepherd
17,863 Posts
I think the Queen saw the leaves falling and realized this was what she saw in her dream, and that if she sent Galadriel away her kingdom would be destroyed. So she called her back, but it wasn't shown to us so that it could be dramatically revealed in that meeting.
I thought there was some concurrent voiceover explaining that the falling leaves could be interpreted as “tears of the Valar,” those who’d gifted them Numenor … and the leaves falling (tears) were interpreted as their displeasure at Galadriel being sent away and Numenor failing to aid in the fight against Sauron.

edit: What I don’t get is how there’d be any leaves left on the trees given how many had fallen. ;)

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Excellent episode today. I'm not sure if it was actually better (it was!), or if it just took time for all the pieces to fall into place, and now it's rolling along. The stories seemed so disparate before, and now they all are starting to tie together. Was this the first episode with every plot line covered?

The Wanderer, when he hit his fist on the ground, created the same type "wave" that Gandalf has done in the past. Hmm... 🤔. And what's up with those weird characters tracking him?

· Is there an answer?
286 Posts
Re: the Stranger… anyone else note the lingering shot of the Stranger in front of the Moon? The Hobbits/Harfoots do have stories about The Man In The Moon.

In Middle-Earth, the Man In The Moon is named Tilion. He ‘shepherds’ the Moon, which is the last Silver Flower of the Eldest Tree Telperion. He is a Maia, a being of the same ‘rank’ as Sauron, Gandalf, and Saruman.

· Meh.
40,912 Posts
The Harfeet are the least interesting part of the show.

Did anybody else wonder where Galadriel found such a spiffy suit of armor on such short notice?

Three boatloads of Numenorean soldiers seems kinda light for battling an army of orcs.

· Meh.
40,912 Posts
I'll admit that I got goosebumps and was cheering when Galadriel and the Numenorians came to the rescue of the townsfolk.

Somehow Galadriel managed to get the only white horse in Numenor. :giggle:

I hope that was a CGI horse that got tripped.

Was that the beginning of Mount Doom?

Episodes like this one make me wish the entire season had dropped at once so I could binge through four or five episodes per day.

· Well-Known Raconteur
19,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
They made sure to show us that horse shaking off its fall, and getting back up and running. Preempting any claims of animal cruelty.

Yes, that was Orodruin, which became Mount Doom when it exploded. I guess this was the event that changed that pastoral valley into the Mordor we know today.

"Udûn" is the name of the valley just inside the Black Gate (from LOTR3) in Mordor.

· Meh.
40,912 Posts
I'm curious how Galdriel and the Numenorians knew where to go to save the townsfolk.

"Galadriel and the Numenorians" sounds like the name of a band.

61 - 80 of 152 Posts