TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
I liked both opening episodes. Maybe a lot didn't happen but the table has to get set before you can eat (metaphorically speaking).

I chuckled that Galadriel and the elves were sailing to Valinor in a ship with no seats.

For now, I'm assuming the Stranger is Gandolf but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Radagast. A total guess on my part.

I've seen references that some "fans" are bent out of shape that there are brown people in Middle Earth on this show.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
I hope the mysterious stranger figures out his wizard properties soon because the Harfoot subplot is pretty snooze worthy compared to the other subplots.

The name "Isildur" kept ringing a bell so I had to look it up.

Have orcs always been hurt by sunlight?

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
The Harfeet are the least interesting part of the show.

Did anybody else wonder where Galadriel found such a spiffy suit of armor on such short notice?

Three boatloads of Numenorean soldiers seems kinda light for battling an army of orcs.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
I'll admit that I got goosebumps and was cheering when Galadriel and the Numenorians came to the rescue of the townsfolk.

Somehow Galadriel managed to get the only white horse in Numenor. :giggle:

I hope that was a CGI horse that got tripped.

Was that the beginning of Mount Doom?

Episodes like this one make me wish the entire season had dropped at once so I could binge through four or five episodes per day.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
I'm curious how Galdriel and the Numenorians knew where to go to save the townsfolk.

"Galadriel and the Numenorians" sounds like the name of a band.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
They are based upon people voting not imdb/Amazon making up some number. if you are logged in with you Amazon account you get a Rate This button.

As of right now 3765 people have voted.
As was proven when this show premiered, many online voters will trash a show for stupid reasons. They obsess over Tolkien's works and believe that they know better than the show runners.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
The Harfoots are close to getting acquainted with my remote's fast forward button. The Stranger had better pick up his game and start being interesting.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
Just saw the most recent episode and wow. I didn't realize the Southlands were actually Mordor though I suspected. Looks like Halbrand is a King without a country now...unless he's Sauron. :)
I stumbled upon this site which has some good Tolkein background and speculation on the series. I don't consider this spoilers but don't click if you think it is.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
My thought was that maybe someone takes the name of Isildur and effectively replaces the original one.

It seems both very easy and very hard to kill characters in the story depending on how important they are. Not important and they trip and fall and die. Really important characters and they can survive a volcanic eruption, a pyroclastic cloud (which reaches temperatures of 1000 degrees Celsius), a fire and building collapse.
I knew Bronwyn and Arondir weren't dead since we didn't see the bodies and they're important to the story. My guess is that Isildur survived since his mind reading horse ran back towards the destroyed town.

· Meh.
40,915 Posts
Nori's goodbye scene may have been the longest in cinematic history.

Galadriel didn't tell Elrond and Celebrimbor that Halbrand was really Sauron?

I didn't get the reasoning as to why they decided to forge three rings. Maybe I missed it but it seemed like they just did it with no explanation.

I thought it was odd that when the artist woman yelled "Help!" about the king that nobody seemed to immediately show up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts