TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
7,305 Posts
I thought orcs were created, not bred. In LoTR didn't we see them coming out of pods or something similar? Maybe they are sexless and just resemble men?
I'm pretty sure that only Eru can create life. Aulë crafted the dwarves, but only Eru could grant them life. Melkor couldn't create orcs -- he corrupted elves into them. He couldn't create trolls, he corrupted Ents into them, etc.

· Premium Member
7,305 Posts
IIRC in LOTR, Galadriel had one and Arwen had one that she gifted to Aragorn. Not sure where the third was.
Gil-galad, Círdan, and Galadriel. Círdan's ring later went to Gandalf, and Gil-galad's ring went to Elrond.

The Elf-stone was also made by Celebrimbor who gave it to Galadriel who gave it to her daughter Celebrían, Elrond's wife (yes, Galadriel is Elrond's mother-in-law) who gave it to their daughter, Arwen, who gave it to Aragorn.

· Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Sauron (in disguise) and Celebrimbor together made the 9 rings for men and 7 rings for dwarves before Celebrimbor made the 3 elf rings. Sauron never touched the 3, though they were made with the knowledge Sauron shared with Celebrimbor. After being 'discovered', Sauron snuck off to Mount Doom to make the 1 by himself. As soon as he put it on, the elves with the 3 knew it and removed and hid them immediately.

· Premium Member
7,305 Posts
The Elf-stone was also made by Celebrimbor who gave it to Galadriel who gave it to her daughter Celebrían, Elrond's wife (yes, Galadriel is Elrond's mother-in-law) who gave it to their daughter, Arwen, who gave it to Aragorn.
I'm mistaken... the Elf-stone was actually made by Enerdhil.

· Premium Member
7,305 Posts
Agreed. Not a big deal if Sauron makes/hands out the other rings later. Not a big deal, imho, if Gil-galad/Gladriel/Elrond each take the three rings.

I'm more bothered by the whole "Mithril" magic thing, but I'm willing to overlook that too since I like Durin so much. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts