TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Is there an answer?
459 Posts
My big questions:

Who is Meteor Man? So much speculation right now! A very good thing for those of us who -think- we know where the story is going.

How many characters seen in the first two hours will end up being Nazgûl?

Where is Sauron really pulling his strings from?

It was fantastic seeing such a good portrayal of Middle-Earth and its Peoples. The costuming was on par with the PJ Trilogy. Loved the sets, though I was a bit disappointed that the West-gate of Khazad-Dum wasn’t more like in the movies. Can’t wait to see Numenor.

About the only think that I didn’t care for was Galadriel sailing to Valinor, but jumping ship while her shipmates were ‘absorbed’. It looked heavenly and ethereal but not what I would have pictured. It was a very contrived way to get Galadriel to Numenor in my opinion.

·
I am Groot!
64,403 Posts
About the only think that I didn’t care for was Galadriel sailing to Valinor, but jumping ship while her shipmates were ‘absorbed’. It looked heavenly and ethereal but not what I would have pictured. It was a very contrived way to get Galadriel to Numenor in my opinion.
I couldn't help but wonder if the elves on the ship were headed towards their deaths, and that Galadriel dodged a metaphorical bullet when she jumped overboard...

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I liked it. I know some are saying it moved slowly, but I liked the pacing. There's lots of story to tell, and I'm here for the journey.

So the Stranger... all signs point towards a 🧙‍♂️. Perhaps the first (did we ever know who was the first wizard?). I'm trying to recall all the human-like species from LOTR, and I think we've seen most of them. Except wizards.

·
Cat God
17,937 Posts
Considering the season is a quarter over already, not much has happened. Also they are reportedly spending 60 million an episode, but unless they are overpaying for CGI I’m not sure where all that money is going.

I think the best description so far of the series was a “glorified screensaver”. It looks pretty, but not much is actually happening. Hopefully things pick up the pace quickly.

·
A good Man
2,228 Posts
I'm surprised that the humans don't like the elves all that much. Is it because they are "foreigners"?

I think my favorite characters are the dwarves. Love their city and the relationship between the dwarf prince and his wife is fun. I thought dwarves live a long time like elves. In D&D they don't live as long as elves but they do have long life. The dwarf being angry that his elf friend hasn't visited him in 20 years made him feel abandonded. And they elf thinking of time differently. "It's only been 20 years?"

I don't know who the mysterious man who fell from the sky is. Maybe the future Gandolf. I want him to start talking though.

Looks good sofar.

·
I am Groot!
64,403 Posts
I'm surprised that the humans don't like the elves all that much. Is it because they are "foreigners"?
Not just foreigners...superior (immortal, for one thing, and judging from their fighting abilities, super-powered by human standards) foreigners who are there to watch over them from their mountaintop castle and make sure they don't misbehave. And it looks like they're not shy about being superior...

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm still on the fence. Have not watched yet. But every time I launch the Prime app, the trailer starts and it just does not grab me.
If you do finally get motivated, I suggest you watch both episodes, back to back. They should have been a single two hour premier.

·
Cat God
17,937 Posts
Two one-hour episodes or one two-hour episode would not have mattered. It still would have taken me 4+ sittings to get through that slog. It had better pick up, and quickly.
One of the reviews mentioned that this is not the kind of show you can binge watch because it’s hard to make it through one episode let alone a whole season.

I’ll keep watching it, but it’s at the back of my queue unless the pace picks up dramatically.

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
One of the reviews mentioned that this is not the kind of show you can binge watch because it’s hard to make it through one episode let alone a whole season.

I’ll keep watching it, but it’s at the back of my queue unless the pace picks up dramatically.
Just the opposite for me. Unless episode 3 picks up I may just wait and binge it all over a long weekend. I want to watch it but it quite forgettable

·
Cat God
17,937 Posts
Just the opposite for me. Unless episode 3 picks up I may just wait and binge it all over a long weekend. I want to watch it but it quite forgettable
I kept checking how much time was left on the first episode and then when I saw episode 2 was available I audibly groaned. I don’t think I could do more than 2 at a time.

That could change if things get more interesting, which hopefully it does.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts