TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
And of course there is the Bolt that was released in between the Roamio and the Edge, but who's counting?
Unless i am Wrong the only Dif between bolt and Edge is the apps being in 4k And OTA on edge is only 2 tuners and that sucks for me. I got recently few months ago from weaknees got a Bolt OTA 4 tuners liftime service all for $300 then got a mini on ebay for bedroom 1/2 price all working good. I wanted the edge but was pulling plug from SAT TV and can't understand why they would go from 4 tuners on bolt to 2 on new edge should of gone from 4 to 6 tuners on OT and alot more would of switch to edge i know i would of. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well, you are limiting your description to the Bolt vs. Edge OTA only models. The Edge for cable has 6 tuners which is the same as the Bolt (and Roamio) cable only models.

In all cases, the Bolt can do 4K (including QAM 4K).
Tivo Customer Support Community
The following TiVo devices support 4K:
  • TiVo EDGE Series
  • TiVo BOLT Series
  • TiVo Mini VOX and Mini LUX
The only real difference between the Bolt and the Edge (besides obviously the case), is that all models of the Bolt (besides the Bolt OTA model) can be downgraded to Version 20/TE3. And the Edge is faster.
Thanks for info but since i was coming from SAT tv and cutting chord i wasn't going to jump in Cable Tv over prices cards that i hear are no longer even being given out by Comcast. So my reasearch brought me to OTA only and what OTA equipment and price will give to me. Since i had all 4k apps from my 2021 Sony Bravo Google TV i found the Bolt made most sense cost wize. But if the new Edge OTA only would of been 4 or 6 tuners cost aside i may have got the newer equipment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am really wondering about that 4k apps on Bolt. I have a Apple Tv and run Hulu on it and put the Hulu app on bolt and when it comes down to it i see a big quality difference in picture i notices on Apple Hulu ver Bold Hulu. App.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I totally get that. It's just that others reading your post might not understand that there are other units by the same name that DO still have 6 tuners, and I'm also pointing out that all Bolts support 4K, which you mentioned might be different from the Edge.

EDIT: Also, I wanted to point out, I think you made the right call getting the Bolt from Weaknees for $300. Good deal.
Ya think when all said and done for cost i got best i can and no monthly fees and can record OTA mostly what i want. Plays pretty good on a new TV like i have.
I was spending $90 a month for Dishnet Hopper on a basic plan. Although nice My totral cost here was $300 for Bolt i got mini for $50 open box ebay and $30 for Wifi adapter and $20 extra remote. For $400 all in with liftime i think was best shopping.

·
Registered
23 Posts
tiVo literally doesn’t have a model that works for me right now, which is kind of scary. I don’t have cable, and I’m certainly not buying a DVR with only two tuners and a tiny hard drive. I can’t believe they canceled their four tuner
models 😕.
I think if you contact the people over at weekneas They do a 4 tuner OtA edge model with lifetime. I was considering it before I bought from them the Bolt 4 tuner OTA with lifetime for $300 I think the edge 4 tuner OTA with lifetime is around 500 or it was at least two months ago hope that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts