TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yorkshire Lass
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I lost Satellite 1 on my mirrored bedroom DirecTivo. This morning it was still missing in action. The Directivo in the living room was fine.

I couldn't see anything obviously wrong with the wires and so I did what I should have done in the first place and checked the satellite strength. Except for two transponders I have 90's and above on both satellites. Went back to live TV and the satellite 1 is back.
Was this just an unexplainable glitch of my receiver? I just want to know in case it happens again.

Mandy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interestingly I too was greeted by a lost Satellite situation on both 1 & 2 last night. I checked the signal strengths which were just fine, but while doing this the HR10-250 rebooted itself. After that everything was fine again.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,557 Posts
My DSR6000 lost Signal 1 for a little while, but is working again fine. I did notice the other Morning (around 2 am) the red light was on, meaning some update was coming thru.

·
Yorkshire Lass
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine was recording.....Nothing! It was supposed to be recording Big Brother After Dark on Showtime-too but it was just a black screen because of the lost satellite problem.
I dont know what is happening to my receivers of late, the one in the living room went blank the other day and I actually had to pull the plug to get it to reboot as I could get nothing on the screen to reset it properly.
The one in the living rooms is a hughes and the one in the bedroom I can never remember...it is the one that came when they were giving them away after they stopped doing hughes.

I dont think it is at our end because the one in the living room did have both satellites.

Weird...

Thanks for your input, glad it isnt just me.

Mandy

·
Registered
607 Posts
FWIW mom has a plain old non-Tivo Samsung receiver and the other day it had the same issue of losing the signal. I thought it might be the wind blowing a loose antenna but it only occured that one day so far.

Guess I'll have to head up there pretty soon and see what's what.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.