TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The return of Lost.

I saw Evangeline Lilly on the Regis Live show this morning, and while she wouldn't give much away, she did say that we'll find out tonight what the "animal" or thing is that devours people on the island and causes the trees to sway.

· Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!
199 Posts
northmoor said:
No. Isn't that obvious? If I thought it was a "little early for this," then I wouldn't have posted it.

Kind of a stupid question, don't you think? (sorry, I couldn't resist.)
Timing of official threads:
Do not start the official show thread more than 1 hour before the air date in the earliest market. The new thread should be about the new show.

There is no prize in being the first to start the thread, and beginning it too early leads to pages of guesses about what might happen, discussions of what happened last week - all of which should should be contained in last week’s official thread. Bump that thread instead for pre-show speculation, and start the official thread fresh.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=271608

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :cool:

· All better
13,605 Posts
While you guys are arguing about the earliness can someone tell me if this is going to be pre-empted tonight for a President Bush speech?

· Wasting time here
616 Posts
mwhip said:
While you guys are arguing about the earliness can someone tell me if this is going to be pre-empted tonight for a President Bush speech?
I haven't seen anything about a Bush speech, but if there is one, I would assume that the clip show from 8-9 would suffer....They probably wouldn't want to mess with the 9-10 slot for the main show

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay, okay, ... I posted this to bring attention to what evangeline lilly said this morning about tonight's episode. The post was certainly about tonight's episode. I thought that posting early would let more people see what evangeline said. Waiting and posting it an hour before the show would have defeated the purpose, and there was no last week's official thread in this case to post in.

I don't really care if this is an "official episode" thread or not.

For all you rules-policeman-wannabes. .... please report me.

Perhaps you can get a monitor to change the thread title if its so important to you. (I tried but it wouldn't let me.)

One of you be sure to start the "official" episode thread later today.

· Not enough room
4,099 Posts
northmoor said:
okay, okay, ... I posted this to bring attention to what evangeline lilly said this morning about tonight's episode. The post was certainly about tonight's episode. I thought that posting early would let more people see what evangeline said. Waiting and posting it an hour before the show would have defeated the purpose, and there was no last week's official thread in this case to post in.

I don't really care if this is an "official episode" thread or not.

For all you rules-policeman-wannabes. .... please report me.

Perhaps you can get a monitor to change the thread title if its so important to you. (I tried but it wouldn't let me.)

One of you be sure to start the "official" episode thread later today.
I just would have preferred if you spoilerized what happens tonight.

J

· Rebus Philbin
31,211 Posts
Sir_Q said:
Thought talk about current episode didn't need be spoilerized? :confused:
Wouldn't have needed to be if the thread wasn't started so early. :D

I think most people view it as a reasonable courtesy not to post untagged spoilers before something actually airs. Technically, no, the posts about this episode shouldn't have to be tagged, but also technically, it shouldn't have been started yet. <shrug> Not a big deal to me, it wasn't a real specific spoiler, but I can understand others wanting to avoid it.

BTW, the Official Lost Podcast is back, and it downloaded last night.

Description:
Take a soundtour of the Lost scoring stage with composer Michael Giacchino, as he introduces the musicians and the instruments that make up the unique sound of Lost.
Hopefully, they will also return to doing commentary podcasts from the producers. Those usually come down the following Monday...
http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/index.html

1 - 20 of 297 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.