TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have Tivo Desktop running on my computer, even though I've been repeatedly told that there are superior programs out there (pyTivo, etc.) to copy programs over to my computer.

Verizon came and gave me a new router last week, and voila!, suddenly I can't see my computer from the Tivo anymore. I can still run Tivo Desktop and pull shows *from* the Tivo, though.

Is it simply firewall rules that need to be re-added to the new router?

Tivo support was of no help whatsoever; they just say they don't support Tivo Desktop anymore.

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
I still have Tivo Desktop running on my computer, even though I've been repeatedly told that there are superior programs out there (pyTivo, etc.) to copy programs over to my computer.
Verizon came and gave me a new router last week, and voila!, suddenly I can't see my computer from the Tivo anymore. I can still run Tivo Desktop and pull shows *from* the Tivo, though.
Is it simply firewall rules that need to be re-added to the new router?
Tivo support was of no help whatsoever; they just say they don't support Tivo Desktop anymore.
There are two threads in the Help Forum about this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.