TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Directv HD-DVR. I first attached it with the composite unit since I have an RCA MM5200 monitor that does not have a HDMI or DVI connection. I immediately begin having several problems, the most irritating of which are that the sound goes out intermittently sometimes, but not every time, when recording a program. I do not lose video, but, the picture will turn off and back on intermittently, even when the DVR is not recording. The monitor did not do this prior to the dvr being connected. A tv repairman came out and suggested that the problem was probably with the DVR. I changed out the DVR, but the problem persists. When I contact Directv customer service, they act like no one ever had a problem like this before. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a cure or as to what the problem might be?

·
Just hangin'
30,958 Posts
Exactly how do you have the HD DVR (HR10-250) connected? You only mentioned the video connection. What's the audio connection?

BTW, does the monitor have component inputs? This would give you much better PQ than composite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts