TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

I'm moving from Northern Virginia to the Raleigh, NC, area, and have decided that now appears to be a good time to cut the cord. I currently have Comcast Xfinity, but was looking to use Spectrum as my internet service provided in Raleigh and to then use TiVo and streaming platforms, coupled with digital antenna for local channels. I was going to use MoCA to backhaul everything through my house.

But now there's a wrench in the works. My wife and I are both Washington Nationals fans. MLB includes the Raleigh-Durham area in the Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles home market areas, which means we can't stream their games in the Raleigh area. Momma says she has to be able to watch her Nationals or she's not happy. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

The only way to watch the Nationals in the Raleigh area is on the Mid Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), and the only service that carries MASN in the Raleigh area is DirecTV. (It's my understanding that Spectrum has been locked in a dispute with MASN for several years now, and that's why MASN isn't on cable here.) So now I have to get DirectTV just so I can get MASN.

Can someone suggest the best TiVo and/or DirecTV DVR equipment that will best integrate streaming, off-air and DirecTV content. It's my understanding that TiVo can't accomodate DirecTV, so do I have to have some type of switch between the TiVo/streaming/off-air content and DirecTV? Is there such a thing?

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.