TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mostly Harmless
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! I have an old TiVo Series 1 that's been chugging along for over a decade with a TivoNet card, but the other day I messed up the network settings and, long story short, I need access to the bash prompt to fix it. I'd unfortunately disabled the serial port a long time ago and had been relying only on telnet, and now I need access to the filesystem to enable the serial port again.

ANYWAY, I've tried doing this with MFSLive 1.4 (I found an archived copy somewhere) but while it can see the partitions, it can't mount them. My understanding is that it's a problem with version 1.4, but 1.3b works. The problem is that I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have a copy that you could maybe PM me a link to?

Thanks so much!!!

Jesse

·
Mostly Harmless
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a copy of 1.2 .. will that do?
Thank you so much for offering! It turns out it was something unrelated… the boot sector was corrupted. I eventually had to restore from backup, but eventually got it working. Thank you anyway… very much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Thank you so much for offering! It turns out it was something unrelated… the boot sector was corrupted. I eventually had to restore from backup, but eventually got it working. Thank you anyway… very much appreciated! :)
You've got PM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.