Same thing happened to me 4/30/2020. Lost all SD channels and then some.
Endless hours of calling customer service, No support. No explanation.
1 Told it was Tivo's fault! Spend one day troubleshooting with Tivo." Tell your Cable provider the CARD is not fully authorized." Call Optimum, 2 to 3 times a day, every day. Tired of the automated tech support prompts that don't apply to Tivo users.
2 Told to get new cablecards.
3 Saturday, drive to local store, “Temporarily closed for COVID 19.” Drive to other store. Closed. Search Website to locate any open Optimum store. Wait till Monday.
4 Monday morning, should I drive 20 minutes to the Bronx or 35 minutes to Hauppauge?. (The BRONX. It's a good excuse for a take-out order of the best spaghetti and Veal meatballs from Bronx Little Italy.) Swap cards. Insert cards. WORSE! I LOST ALL CHANNELS except for 702-714. They can’t bind cards and now I get FEWER channels!
Fed up. More than a week has gone by. No resolution. File informal complaint with FCC.
A REPSONSE, finally, a Corporate Executive calls!! "We needed more bandwidth and decided change to SDV. We got rid of duplicate channels (standard definition channels) to create more bandwidth. Your Tivos will now require a "Tuning Adapter" to access your cable content.”
5.Search the term "Switch Digital Video" and found this forum. Found other Long Islanders having the same issue. Found years of customers in Tri=State area with the same issue dating back to 2017. Read about Tuning adapters.
6 Drive back to The Bronx. Representative didn't know what I was talking about. "Supervisor please"
7 Finally got the tuning adapters.They forgot to give me power cord! Agent accidentally removed cable cards from my account. Thought I was swapping equipment. Re-register cards and tuners onto the account. Thank goodness for a old post on this forum that detailed what to say/do…
* Go to an Optimum Store with your cable card.
* Tell the rep that you have a TiVO that recently stopped working and that a phone rep told you to get a tuning adapter at an Optimum store.
* Ensure that the rep adds both the tuning adapter and cable card to your account as a set.Ensure that you leave the Optimum store with your cable card, the tuning adapter, its power adapter, a short length of coax cable, and an instruction sheet for setting up the tuning adapter.
* Go home. Connect the tuning adapter to your TiVO. Wait 15 minutes for the box to register. (The instruction sheet details the setup steps.)
* Call Optimum to activate the tuning adapter.
6 Hunt for cable splitter at several Home Depots. Follow diagram on how to incorporate a tuning adapter (TIVO website)
7 More attempts to speak to someone that can bind the new cable cards. Errors, No Luck. Third call with OPTIMUM. Maybe this Rep will know how to bind the cards? HOLD. HOLD. “You have cable cards that don’t work in your area. They are “Power Key cards!” What?
( I recall my old cable cards were NDS cards.These are Cisco Cable Cards)
8 Plan to drive to Hauppauge and swap these cable cards for NDS cards. To be continued…