TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
My husband has a question about streaming and I didn't want to start a new thread sorry! We just got a 4K TV and have the Roamio We got a Vizio smart cast so we can watch Netflix and YouTube etc. through the TV but if we were to choose a 4K show through Netflix on Tivo and since it's streaming to the 4K TV would it be in 4K? I know we just have to change inputs from the smart cast home to Tivo input but he didn't know if their would be any difference streaming from the Tivo. I guess we can try to watch a show both ways and see but it's probably a little faster on our new TV I don't know. We're also just using the same HDMI we used with our old Non 4K Vizio to the Tivo but now that we have a 4K TV do we need the high speed 2.0 HDMI connected to the Tivo to make it even better? One person said yes and another said no just curious!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
My husband has a question about streaming and I didn't want to start a new thread sorry! We just got a 4K TV and have the Roamio We got a Vizio smart cast so we can watch Netflix and YouTube etc. through the TV but if we were to choose a 4K show through Netflix on Tivo and since it's streaming to the 4K TV would it be in 4K? I know we just have to change inputs from the smart cast home to Tivo input but he didn't know if their would be any difference streaming from the Tivo. I guess we can try to watch a show both ways and see but it's probably a little faster on our new TV I don't know. We're also just using the same HDMI we used with our old Non 4K Vizio to the Tivo but now that we have a 4K TV do we need the high speed 2.0 HDMI connected to the Tivo to make it even better? One person said yes and another said no just curious!
The Roamios do not display 4K content or have any 4K apps, only the Bolt line of TIVos do. So you'd need to use your new tv's apps for YouTube, etc. to watch 4K content or a 4K streaming device like a Roku or Apple TV.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Thank You we weren't sure and he signed up for the extra Netflix 4K or whatever it is. He just thought since it was streaming to the 4K TV we could watch that way too. And also it's ok to use the same HDMI we were using from the Tivo to our old Vizio which wasn't 4K or do we still want the higher speed 2.0 HDMI? We are also getting the 4K Ultra Roku because of a certain show he watched only on Roku and I don't think it comes with an HDMI our Nakamichi soundbar comes with a 2.2 ARC. But Ok Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Thank You we weren't sure and he signed up for the extra Netflix 4K or whatever it is. He just thought since it was streaming to the 4K TV we could watch that way too. And also it's ok to use the same HDMI we were using from the Tivo to our old Vizio which wasn't 4K or do we still want the higher speed 2.0 HDMI? We are also getting the 4K Ultra Roku because of a certain show he watched only on Roku and I don't think it comes with an HDMI our Nakamichi soundbar comes with a 2.2 ARC. But Ok Thanks!
There is no need to use a 2.0 HDMI with the Roamio since it doesn't support 4K, there is no other benefits (that I'm aware of) so you're old HDMI is ok to use. You can use the 2.0 HDMI with the 4K Roku. In the meantime you probably an watch 4K Netflix on the app on the TV itself.

·
Registered
520 Posts
There is no need to use a 2.0 HDMI with the Roamio since it doesn't support 4K, there is no other benefits (that I'm aware of) so you're old HDMI is ok to use. You can use the 2.0 HDMI with the 4K Roku. In the meantime you probably an watch 4K Netflix on the app on the TV itself.
Thanks we weren't sure and someone said if theirs lagging from TiVo to the new TV use 2.0 but I know the Roamio doesn't do any 4K so I didn't think it mattered. We thought about getting the bolt but don't really need it so we changed our mind.

Reactions: PSU_Sudzi

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have accounts on Hulu and Disney+, recently canceled my Netflix account. Hulu is very good for the tv shows and disney my kids like a lot. If i need to stream a movie which is not available on both of them i am checking some other web streaming sites. Mostly you have to watch one or two advertisements before watching your movie but i think it is just fair

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.