TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Geek
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new USB100TX for my tivo, but nobody seems to sell them anymore...I don't like the USB200 since it sticks out of the back of the Tivo and hits the cabinet wall.

Does anyone know any reputable retailer that still carries the USB100TX?

Help!

· Mentally Hilarious
966 Posts
reggers said:
I need to get a new USB100TX for my tivo, but nobody seems to sell them anymore...I don't like the USB200 since it sticks out of the back of the Tivo and hits the cabinet wall.

Does anyone know any reputable retailer that still carries the USB100TX?

Help!
My USB200M's came with short usb extension cables so they didn't stick straight out of the back of the Tivo's.
You could also add any usb extension cable and put the adapter anywhere you want.

· Registered
944 Posts
Go for USB 2.0 make a significant difference in MRV transfer speed. Try the Netgear FA120 or DLINK. They're very similar in design to the 100TX but USB 2.0

Otherwise for a 100TX try Ebay.

· Cool Geek
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
petew said:
Go for USB 2.0 make a significant difference in MRV transfer speed. Try the Netgear FA120 or DLINK. They're very similar in design to the 100TX but USB 2.0

Otherwise for a 100TX try Ebay.
Even though the adapaters are USB 2.0, aren't the USB ports on the back of the TiVo still only 1.1?

I believe they are capable of supporting 2.0 (eventually) but that will only be after some future software upgrade.

· Mentally Hilarious
966 Posts
reggers said:
Even though the adapaters are USB 2.0, aren't the USB ports on the back of the TiVo still only 1.1?

I believe they are capable of supporting 2.0 (eventually) but that will only be after some future software upgrade.
Early series 2 models only had USB 1.1 ports. Later models have USB 2.0 ports and recent software supports it.

· Cool Geek
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gtrogue said:
Early series 2 models only had USB 1.1 ports. Later models have USB 2.0 ports and recent software supports it.
Thanks!

How do I find out if my TiVo supports 2.0?

Also - thanks for the tip on USB extension cable! Since that adapter was a backup and I hadn't used it in a while, I forgot it came with the extension - It was still in the box 1 year later!

Thanks All - appreciate the info!

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
If the service number begins with 2xx or 5xx, you have USB 2.0.

The aformentioned Netgear and D-Link adapters are backward compatible with 1xx USB 1.1 DVRs, so there would be no problem getting one if you have an older DVR, plus are a drop in replacement for the USB100TX (standard USB B plug on one side, and a real RJ45 on the other). My D-Lunk DUB-E100 is installed where I has a 100TX myself, using the 100TX cabling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.