TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
I've never even heard of Spectrum. Is that a channel? I just did a search for the show on my TiVo. It came up, but it shows as "Not Currently Available". So does this mean that there is no way for me to watch it tomorrow?

·
Excellent.
23,862 Posts
I've never even heard of Spectrum. Is that a channel? I just did a search for the show on my TiVo. It came up, but it shows as "Not Currently Available". So does this mean that there is no way for me to watch it tomorrow?
It's only on Spectrum cable, i.e. not a channel/network, but the cable operator. If you don't have their service, you can't get the show AFAIK.

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
That's so weird. They couldn't get a deal with an actual network? I thought Mad About You was a pretty popular show back in the day?
Spectrum has mentioned that their originals may become available elsewhere after the exclusivity window.

Spectrum Originals' 'L.A.'s Finest' & Slate Strategy - Katherine Pope Interview - Deadline

Our dealmaking's really clean - after a nine-month window we go down to non-exclusive VOD and we don't care where you take it. Take it everywhere, take it to a second window U.S., take it to a traditional cable channel, take it to a streamer, they can do with it what they will.

·
Registered
26,354 Posts
This show is one, like "thirtysomething", that I didn't watch at first because I didn't think I would relate to.. but I started watching for some reason during the show, and became a big fan. (Though there MIGHT be a later example, thirtysomething is I think the last show I watched basically _entirely_ in reruns, probably on Lifetime.. before I knew about shows being hacked up in reruns.. Now I'll watch an ep here or there, or sometimes reruns of a cable channel's _own_ shows, hoping they don't cut them down more, e.g. History Channel originals.)

So I'll definitely watch when it becomes available on something I already pay for/is cheaply available.

I know, the usual complaint is "why not do something original?", but I think the Roseanne revival is pretty well done too.

·
Registered
27,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OMG!! Thanks for posting this. I just watched both episodes. I hope the rest of them drop after a while. I have seriously missed this show.
I was hoping that you would see the post. :)

Of all the reboots, this one has seemed the most seamless to me. No, it's not the old Paul and Jamie--it's Paul and Jamie 20 years later, right where they should be (and despite a negative review out there which I had read).

Viva the Buchmans!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.