TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
wait.. I did what?
14,218 Posts
*chuckle*

I can say I'm not impressed, and the only reason I watch it is that it's on at least one night at 10:30 so I stumble onto it while waiting for th Daily Show.

not sure if that's actually praise or not.. :)

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
Warren said:
can we talk about this show with out the threads being locked?
Sure. I think the one thing that can unite all of us despite our disparate political views is that Lil Bush is a pretty weak show. Sort of a watered down South Park with a portion of That's My Bush awkwardly tossed into the mix.

·
Garden obsessed
15,340 Posts
I really looked forward to it but 15 minutes into the first episode I quit. I can watch almost anything but this is lame.

·
eff.org warrior
3,201 Posts
Tuned in twice because I like anything that makes fun of the power that be.
But lil' bush is lame-o

·
Registered
759 Posts
I couldn't stand to watch more than 30 seconds of it. Frank Caliendo is about as funny as a botched 37th trimester abortion, so I'm not sure how anyone could have thought it would be any good.

·
Skin cancer I need like a hole in the head.
5,611 Posts
I would throw out the musical numbers. Other than that, it's not too bad.

·
It's Just TV
25,876 Posts
That's my Bush was much, much better and that isn't saying much.

·
Registered
25,992 Posts
bdowell said:
That's my Bush was much, much better and that isn't saying much.
"That's my Bush" was an awesome show, a great parody of sitcoms more than political satire.

Li'l Bush looks so stupid I haven't bothered to check it.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
Mike10 said:
it actually started as a bunch of mini episodes that you could watch on cell phones
It should have stayed there. I could see how it might be tolerable as brief little snippets.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I have to agree. I watched all six episodes and don't remember laughing. My Bush was a great sendup of sitcoms. (I think the timing was better also. I don't think folks had as strong feelings about Bush back then and just saw it as making fun of the President and sitcoms.)

·
Fine for real
5,878 Posts
Wow, I guess I'm in the minority on this one, I think it's funny - well OK, I think Lil Bush himself is funny, the plots/storylines are pretty lame.

I love it when he's making fun of the Lil Dems, particularly Lil Al Gore. I also like his one-liners, like when he started the show by saying his favorite ball player was Barry Bonds because Bonds' understands that "just because you cheated doesn't mean you didn't win" :)

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I watched the first episode. I thought the dick cheney biting off the heads of chickens was funny for some reason. The rest was so awful I haven't watched another episode.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Cheney eating like a circus freak is a continuing joke in the show. I wonder if it was that they were little kids that freaked me out about the show?

·
Mooz is not a thing
22,105 Posts
When not even the previews are funny, you know it's a bad show. I gave it a chance and was unimpressed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts