TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Guessing you've tried it, but have you tried a hard reboot with TiVo (unplug, wait 10-15 seconds and plug it back in)? I'd also do the same with your TV. HDMI requires a "handshake" between the source and the receiver which may have been broken.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
scoobsnax said:
Thanks for these quick and great suggestions. I thought it was fixed, and went to tell my wife, but I came back and no...

I checked the output setting, it was set to 480. I changed it to 720 hybrid and shut down the Tivo unplugged it for a few minutes, with the TV off and unplugged. Then I started up the TV and set it to HDMI, then I pluged in the TV and it came up with the splash screen, but it was corrupt looking. Then eventually after a minute or two of startup the screen goes black and there is no HDMI connection. I checked on the S video connection and it works fine at the point when the HDMI connection goes black. Upon startup the Tivo is set to 720 hybrid now.

I think there is a problem with the Tivo HDMI port. Any other ideas? Thanks again.
There are other reports of folks having problems with HDMI connections recently too. Since an S-video connection works the component video (YPbPr) connection should work as well. Unless you want to go to the trouble of getting a new TiVo I would probably switch to a component connection (there will be little or no difference in PQ) and whatever audio works best for you, RCA L/R or optical if at all possible.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
dcvpool said:
I am interested in the resolution here. I have two TV's affected. I say TV's because the problem does not seem to be either the source unit or the cable.

After the lighnting strike every HDMI port that had a source plugged in is INOP now, this is 2 on a DLP TV and 1 on a Plasma.
Have you tried rebooting both TiVo as well as your TV's (unplug everything, wait 10-15 seconds and plug them back in)? HDMI requires a handshake that may have been broken.

It doesn't seem likely that a lightning strike would destroy only the HDMI capabilities of any CE equipment...but hey, you never know! :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.