TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
What a complete and utter waste of time and space this Thread is.....

Lifetime Service was originally tied to the DVR unit, but when Directv switched them over it went to the Account.

As ebonovic stated, and many will tell you this:

ebonovic said:
That is the way it was for the original lifetime contracts... they were tied to the exact receiver....

Then when they got moved to DirecTV, they got tagged to the account, not just the specific receiver.
So you have got more than what you paid for. Not only did you get to change the Lifetime over to many units instead of just One, but you have been able to upgrade your units over the Years.

Its alot like Tivo's own "Lifetime" Service, and yet you are not bitc**ng about that are you?

So lets examing your workings:

Billy Bob Boy said:
I may Have to pay for the crappy hr20 now but will be seeing 100-200 credit on my D* account after suit Or I will just leave D* in which case they lose like 80 a month x 12 Whoa 960 bucks. I figure I am good for about another 20 years Whoa thats close to like 20,000 per say 1 million subs lost At least
Just leave Directv and stop moaning about it. I do not really think Directv is going to miss your $80.00 a Month. As for being good for another 20 years, I doubt it since you are piss**g and moaning about it now.

As for the Million Subs........ Good Luck :D One last quote:

Billy Bob Boy said:
Ok forget lifetime, forget everything so far. When my Directivos no longer work I wll follow tivo
Go and get Cable then, Tivo, pay large amounts of Money and be happy.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
magnus said:
However, paying $80 bucks to any company for a handful of channels.... IMHO is a waste of time and money. So, telling the OP to go to cable is just as bad as staying with D*.
Yes I agree, paying $80 for a handful of channels does not sound right. My whole Directv Bill is about $80.00 a Month for the Total Choice Plus Package (No Longer Available) DVR Fee, Stars, Showtime and HBO, 3 DVR's, One Standard Receiver.

So in my case, I cannot complain.

Why I told the OP to go to Cable is this reply from them:

Billy Bob Boy said:
Ok forget lifetime, forget everything so far. When my Directivos no longer work I wll follow tivo
So when the OP's Directv/Tivo no longer work, he will be following Tivo.... meaning the Series 3, Cable Service, etc etc.

Maybe the OP should look at the Cost for them to switch to Cable, change over the setup they have, DVR's etc etc. The Commitment, then the Tivo fees on top of it all......

Maybe if the OP did that, they may not be bit**ing so much about Directv :D

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Yes the SD Directv/Tivos will still work for some time. Any SD Receiver will also. Think about it, if Directv did away with SD all together it is going to take some time, as they will need to replace nearly every Standard Receiver out there... a costly upgrade.

·
Lord of Darkness
1,554 Posts
Billy Bob Boy said:
But My big question is. Can Mpg 4 and mpeg 2 work side by side? Can they still broadcast mpeg 2 from the old sats and broadcast mpeg 4 from the HD sats.
I beleive the plan is to eventually broadcast all HD Channels in Mpeg4, but all other Channels as they are now. And Yes, SD and HD can work side by side.

Right now, all HD is Mpeg2. Once they switch to Mpeg4, this still only effects HD Channels.

The HR10's will still pick up and record SD Channels. And all other Receivers still pick up the same programming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.