TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered Snoozer
6,384 Posts
MickeS said:
I can't remember seeing any interviews with him.
He did a rare interview a few years ago on the Charlie Rose show. I remember it being very interesting.

I suspect that Oprah's show will mostly be just a lot of joking around.

EDIT: I just found it; you can stream/watch the whole thing here... http://www.charlierose.com/shows/1996/02/16/1/an-interview-with-david-letterman. I also see it says the interview was in 1996, so I guess it was more than just a "a few years ago" as I said; don't remember it being that long ago.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Letterman would be the only reason to watch that stupid show. I really cannot
stand Oprah at all most times. The only reason I ever watch is if a guest is really
interesting to me, and I mean REALLY interesting. The host just makes me want to change the channel or watch something I've TiVoed, even if I have seen it many, many times. Just my opinion.

·
Preowned Member
909 Posts
I also remember Dave being a guest on Conan O'Brien's show about 6 months to a year after Conan took over for Dave. (Conan appeared on Dave's show the same day.)

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Swirl_Junkie said:
What was with his glasses? They were fogged up the entire time. So werid he wouldn't have wiped them off at least.
I have noticed twice on his show now (ain't HD wonderful) that his glasses start fogging in the same place as on Oprah. At least they were cleaned before the last segment.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
MickeS said:
Why is he an a$$?
I have no clue why they think that. I've been a fan of his for years. Maybe it's because he's notoriously private and always cracks wise, even if the audience isn't right there with him.

He's miles apart from Lamo. Lamo is the comedy equivalent of Nerf - soft, safe, and uninteresting.

·
Rolling Along
1,317 Posts
FilmCritic3000 said:
I have no clue why they think that. I've been a fan of his for years. Maybe it's because he's notoriously private and always cracks wise, even if the audience isn't right there with him.

He's miles apart from Lamo. Lamo is the comedy equivalent of Nerf - soft, safe, and uninteresting.
Another +1 as they say. David Letterman rules Latenight. :up:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.