TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a problem with all of the lettering rubbing off their S3 remote? (Actually, it looks like the black on the keys is rubbing off, leaving the white underneath.)

Has anyone tried to get Tivo to replace it? It works fine, but it looks crummy for a $700 piece of electronic equipment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm seeing this as well. My 'input' button is almost gone. I only use this one to turn my receiver off and on. Strangely, the '30 second skip' button, used all the time, is currently ok. It's been a long time since I've worn the button off a remote so it seems a little redesign is in order.

·
Omega Consumer
11,846 Posts
My lettering is fine, but I'm getting some wear on the tips of the crescent-shaped >> and << buttons. The silver (or is it more of an antimony) paint around the bezel is wearing pretty bad though.

·
Dr_Diablo
916 Posts
Gleklen said:
Anyone else have a problem with all of the lettering rubbing off their S3 remote? (Actually, it looks like the black on the keys is rubbing off, leaving the white underneath.)

Has anyone tried to get Tivo to replace it? It works fine, but it looks crummy for a $700 piece of electronic equipment.
How long was it that you began to notice the lettering rubbing off?

I had a bad habit of holding the remote, until I would lay it down

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is there a thread here about the new series 3 remotes failing? The lettering is the least of my problems. The remote just doesn't want to do it's job all the time, even with fresh batteries. I sometimes have to wait a second between button presses or else it just ignores me altogether. I know there was a thread about plasma's interfering, but I have an LCD. Also, I've been using my old Series 2 remote lately, and it still works like a charm.

I think I have a bad remote. Has anyone else had this problem?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.